Need help? Pineapple Express in trouble!

Thanks…

It told me once early on, so I was expecting a notice.
Shouldn’t Grobo monitor water level? Do I use the fill function? Thanks

1 Like

The Grobo provides a top off notification based on timing alone. It doesn’t monitor the water levels and notify you to fill her up. It’s best to do your water top ups mid-week.

It looks like the plant had a stage where it was suffering from Cal/Mag issue but has recovered. Any idea what your temps and rh% inside the Grobo is? And how about your water temps? The plant should continue to recover if everything is dialed in.

To top up: Maintenance - Fill
Keep us posted and we are here for you!

4 Likes

Topped off - thanks

Advice from Grobo support : topping off the reservoir with 3 cups of RO or Distilled a few days after your last drain/fill can help keep the concentration of nutrients in your reservoir more dilute - making for an easier meal,

3 Likes

Have you run calibration yet
Bet your nutes are out of whack

5 Likes

Customer service told me everything is okay

• pH - Within recipe range. It has leveled out a lot more since you switched to distilled. Good!
  • EC - Within recipe range. Good!
  • Temperature - Within optimal growing conditions. Good!
  • Nutrient Dosing - Last drain and fill (Dec 15th) nutrients were dosed without interruption. Good!

Therefore, from these findings, we have the following to share:

• All of your unit’s readings are 100% within recipe range. That’s great to see.

How do they know that?

2 Likes

Whats the brown stuff around the nute lines where they go through the holder?

2 Likes

Idk, but it’s not slimy or smelly.

3 Likes

Grobo takes readings of all the things going on in your unit.
You do not have access to this info :frowning: but the Grobo reads your temp, room humidity, water temp, ppm and pH.
Maybe soon they’ll let us access it, hopefully.

3 Likes

They have no plans of ever releasing data unfortunately.

It is part of their proprietary recipe and dosing system that keeps the Grobo successful, if they shared it then it would allow other companies to copy what they do, whether it helps the grower or not…

4 Likes

So they can remote access the data?

1 Like

Would you calibrate? customer service did not recommend it. This is a new unit.

2 Likes

I think you will be okay. The new units shouldn’t need a calibration but you should get the supplies because you will need it in the future. I believe part of the calibration is a health check on the probes and it will tell you whether or not a full calibration is needed.

Can you post some more pics of the plant from today? How is she doing overall?

2 Likes

Gave her a hearty top off, new growth looks really good. I’m conflicted on taking off the 4 damaged fan leaves. What would you do?

3 Likes

I would leave the damaged leaves until the plant is a bit more established. As soon as new and healthy fan leaves come in I would take off the old and damaged ones. She’s still a very young plant

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with @OrionsCeiling about keeping the discolored leaves for now. Once she is bigger they can be trimmed.

3 Likes

Yes i would just to be surr, its one of the most preventable problems

4 Likes

I agree with @Todd.grobo - I would go ahead and clean and calibrate your probes for your first grow

4 Likes

I didn’t do this and it messed me up. Going to calibrate more often now

2 Likes

@OrionsCeiling It messed me up too. We live and we learn :joy:

3 Likes

@jamestournas,

• (#YourGrowYourCall): (#TeamHasGotYouCovered):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes