My Grobo is super loud

My Grobo is making a really loud buzzing/humming noise similar to a small air compressor. I’m in the first day of my grow. I’ve tried unplugging the Grobo unit and plugging it back in. After plugging it back in the noise starts after 30 seconds. Has anyone had an issue with their Grobo being really loud?

1 Like

It’s the vibration of the air pump on bottom. It breaks in but I stuck a little rubber between metal and moved wires away from back panel through little door in back.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I noticed this as well. Air pump is very loud. How long did it take for yours to break-in? Mine is in the garage, so not a problem, but if I could minimize the noise, I would.

Has the same issue, but mine was just up against the res vibrating. I just put it away…that is when it was working :joy::joy::+1::v:

1 Like

Are you just opening the back panel of Grobo to do this?

Yes, that square with the thumb screw. Remove that and you have access :+1::+1::v::v:

3 Likes

Mine had a wire touching the air hose, it was vibrating and rattling against the back side. Just pushing the wire out of that position got rid of the rattling and made it quiet again.

3 Likes

Wow. Huge noise reduction from that! These wires should be insulated with some type of sleeve, or tied off. It touches the pump, or air hose, and makes a very loud sound, I thought was just part of normal operation. Im still having some issues pushing the wires away, as the sound keeps occurring after awhile. Will tie them off and see what happens.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree! I just tried gently tying the wires over the pump together with some zip ties and moved it away from the pump and it was a dramatic noise difference. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have same problem and…thanks!

1 Like

@Rx-78-2,

((#Welcome)):

:wave::wink:

--

My Grobo is super loud

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#Sound)): :ear:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=sound

--