How loud really is it? 1 to 10

I know some might have talked about this before, but really how loud is it? I seen some say not loud, others say way to loud, loud as a refrigerator, loud as a air purifier and so on. Also I know it is louder when open than when closed, I heard a little in some videos I watched.

I really am not sure if it is loud or not. :grinning: Trying to finalize getting our room ready, but if really loud, might have to pick another location.

From 1-10, if 1 is quiet, 4 a fridge, 7 is a TV loud enough to fill a room, 9 is an air purifer on high.

2 Likes

- - - [2021-09.16]:

Jul 29, 10:12 AM

@TheDogMan,

• (I :eye: Am 1/2 Deaf [:ear:] [AnyWay], -So- I :eye: Have To Crank The TV To Hear It, [Again, -So- I’m Not Very Good Judge_ :woman_judge: On Sound_ :ear: Frequency]): {:laughing:}:

I_eye_Do..~~ (3) {:raised_hands:}:

~~~

@TheDogMan,

- - - [2021-09.16]:

@Alexander_Smith,

• (I_ :eye: Shared This With You):

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

My refrigerator makes more noise than the Grobo.

3 Likes

I would say a 5. It’s like an air purifier on medium setting. It’s not terribly distracting and more like a noise machine. You have to consider the smell with respect to where you put it as well.

2 Likes

Something like a frigde.
Just enough so someone would notice it… not cool if you hope to go unnoticed… other than that it’s ok

It’s the noise of up to 3 little fans (bottom, middle and in the top, behind the air filter)
The fans are similar to what you find in a desktop computer
There is also an air pump that provide air to the water, but this one is really quiet

Those are the only item that makes noise

1 Like

Ok thanks. Noise is not a problem 99% of the time, just there is someone who goes over maybe once a month an hour or so, who we would rather not know about it.

Can it just be turned off an hour every once in a while? Not a lot, maybe once a month?

I don’t see an issue with that…i lost power for a night and my plant was fine. Consider purchasing a WiFi power strip so you can turn it off remotely. I use a Smart Life strip. The Grobo unit looks like an air purifier which is not uncommon nowadays…

3 Likes