Misadventures of the White Widow - (Ready to Top?)

The gunk in the probe happens, glad you got it sorted out as you found out a pH reading that far off reacts on the plant negatively. Your new growth looks great you’re safe to cut off the crispy leaves now. :+1:

The root cause of a majority of problems is pH imbalances in my experience. I clean and calibrate my Grobo pH probe each grow.

4 Likes

Also to piggyback off what Azuri said, ph pens are an integral part of the grow as you have experienced. I would further caution, the use of a cheap ph pen will confuse you more than help you. Always choose the highest quality you can afford when it comes to ph and ppm/ec meters. I recommend nothing less than blue labs!! Never had a problem, and can sleep well at night knowing they gave me accurate readings :+1::v:

4 Likes

I bit the bullet and got a blue labs kit :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

She has been improving dramatic for the the week, until I notice some drooping and some browning on the tips at on Aug, 7th, 2019 (day 40). During my water change, I notice the EC probe was a little dirty (black gunk removed) so it was cleaned. Tested the EC of the water and it read a .3.

Just curious if EC meters usually get dirty on a day 40 grow and requires cleaning. Is this a common issue?

Just glad I got quality meters now to pin point issues. Just wished there was a dashboard giving us readings.

2 Likes

That rh needs to go waaay up. You need to be looking at like 70-80% at least. I think that will help a great deal. Plants “pores” need to be open to breathe and consume nutes. Keep her that low and ec keeps climbing you’ll experience nute lockout super fast. :+1::v::joy:

And man are there a lot of nutes used from every bottle, with such a small plant??? Somethings definitely up

1 Like

I forgot about monitoring humidity since its been in the 50%, but it has gotten cooler here recently. Time to purchase another piece tool for the “automated grow box” :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

@Osage Do you still recommend this model for the grobo?
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Humidifiers-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Operation/dp/B07S59MHJ9/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_8?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=WWN5AB4J5Q8YA7F49B7R&th=1

2 Likes

Going to keep the humidity under 60 and above 40 and adjust mist level as needed.

6 Likes

Yes that’s the one I have but in black

The charts you posted are cool and well known, but you don’t need to follow them to a t all the time. Think about what nature does and try and mimic that!

2 Likes

49 Total Days - Current Stage - Late Vegetation (Day 25/35)

@Stephen After the recipe adjust from yesterday, I think she is improving since the fan leaves are getting bigger and she is growing.

EC =.6 and pH = 6.5.

I am thinking about finally topping her since no more issues are popping up.
What do you guys think? OK to top or give her a few more days?

4 Likes

She is growing up to be very pretty! :seedling::eyes:

2 Likes

I’d let one more node appear then top :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

She been growing well and there hasn’t been any more issues besides the grobo leaking. I was just wondering if she is ready to start transition stage? She been in late vegetation stage for the longest time (66 days)

4 Likes

Late veg till she hits that second fan. Lookin good :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

@GuerrillaFartz,

((#ToppingTime)): :green_thumb:

((#ItIsTime)): :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

((Yes)): You are correct, these are bud sights to be: :green_thumb:

4 Likes

Top her, move the SCROG up to the bottom of the 2nd and keep adding veg time until she’s about 1-2 inches from the SCROG. Kick it to flower, weave, harvest, smoke.

2 Likes

I have 5 sites where it appears to be new sites growing. Are these where the cola will grow from or just from the main stem?

I have already top the main stem.

1 Like

U could top the extra 4. I’d lollipop them as well to help the get as tall as main

1 Like