Misadventures of the White Widow - (Ready to Top?)

Found these two ant like bugs with wings in the grobo. The day before, the plant looked fine and now she starting to look droopy. Could be just a coincidence that she’s looking droopy after finding these two bugs? Or should there be a cause for concern?

If it helps to identify the bugs, I’m in San Jose, CA.

Her today

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I suspect they flew in when your door was open. Looks like larvae stage or just hatched bugs. Pull em out aka kill and see if more show up. If so check your fans and reservoir

2 Likes

Maybe submit a ticket just incase, for the drooping :+1:.
They do look like flying ants though

1 Like

So @Todd.grobo can @GuerrillaFartz se neem oil to keep this type of bug away?

Pests - #2 by chris_barfield - Vegetative Growth - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

2 Likes

The bugs got in either when the door was open or from one of the off fans during early veg state.

Just curious if anyone else has gotten a Mantis or ladybugs in their grobo to keep guard.

2 Likes

Ticket just submitted

2 Likes

@Bplatinum9 I might have to do that if it gets worst. Thanks for sharing :+1:

2 Likes

Up to you. I personally wouldn’t. Which room is it in. Are their open windows for things to get in nearby.
I am in agreement if your worried about the plant open a ticket. I dont think the bugs are related. Most damage to plants from insects takes a long time relatively for the plants to die. I would be far more concerned over spider mites

3 Likes

@GuerrillaFartz,

Ant like bug on day 21 grow

The Team has got you covered…

((#KeepUsPosted)):

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The bugs arent the typical cannabis enemy (spider mites, thrips or aphids). Stephen said the pH and EC readings are good.

The grobo seems to be producing normal bubbles and no sign of root rot. Anything else I could do to improve the health of the plant?

Yesterday

Today

Seems to be getting more droopy by the day. Notice that the leaf on the left is touching the floor vs yesterday it was higher.

Any advice?

2 Likes

I personally don’t see any issues with your plant based on the photos you posted and if everything is reading well then I’d just wait and see how she does.

She is drooping, and there is quite a bit of burn on the edges and tips of some of your leaves. Might a tube/hose from one if the nute bottles be pinched?? Or maybe one of the dispensers is dispensing too much of one or another nute? Seems weird your values are good yet she seems to be getting worse. I’d take more pics and show @Stephen again. Somethings not quite right here :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

My guess you need to run the calibration process for the pH probe.

If leaves continue to crisp and your probe is out of calibration they may see good numbers at Grobo’s end but in fact they Might be out. Do you have any method to check pH yourself accurately now with a pH meter? If you need to calibrate you’ll need some 4.0 and 7.0 buffer solutions to perform it.

Send a support ticket and the most current pictures including the newest growth for starters. :+1:

3 Likes

This community is awesome. Thanks for all of the suggestions and advice.

I’ve just changed the water due to scheduled maintenance. @Stephen is aware and isn’t too concern for now and said to give it a couple of days to see how things go.

@Osage checked the nuts and there doesn’t any of the bottles are pinched. I was worried too about the droopy, but Stephen wasn’t too worried.

@Azuri in the process of getting the pH check and hopefully the pH levels are fine.

Thanks again everyone. :beers:

4 Likes

@GuerrillaFartz

So how is she looking this morning?

Stephen

1 Like

@Stephen Thanks for checking in!. The droopiness does not seem to have gotten worse. However, there appears to be more browning of the edges of the leaves. Is this what is known as nutrients burns? Should the browning of the edges be cause of concern?

Pics from today July 22:

Pic from July 20:

Pic from July 19:

Pic from July 18

2 Likes

@GuerrillaFartz

Submit a ticket to support. It appears to be a potassium deficiency, but the newer growth at the top looks okay :man_shrugging: So maybe it’s resolved now? The bottom leaves will end up being removed at some point either way

2 Likes

Hey @GuerrillaFartz,

You are still looking good on the data side and within expected ranges. How are your bottles looking? #3, 4 & 5 specifically. What kind of levels are you seeing?

Stephen

1 Like

@James Stephen has been in the loop and checking the data. All seems normal expect for these signs of nute burns. Top of the growth does look good for now.

@Stephen The bottles appear to be ~85% full. No dramatic change day by day

On a side note, I did notice some white mold/fungus at the top of the coco pod, but has not spread or gotten bigger. Should I try to remove this mold/fungus or leave it be?

3 Likes

@GuerrillaFartz,

:wink::green_thumb:

@Stephen has got you covered… :sparkling_heart:

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

((#Calibrate)): Totally time for one…

((#RightMove))… :wink::green_thumb:

1 Like