White Rhino (Nirvana)

Not bad

1 Like

All In all I think she is doing well. Day 22

Maybe a little small?

Roots are 98% white. Small amount of brown I saw today while changing water. Water Temp ranges 66-73 through the day.

Also… neither of my fans are going yet… kinda wondering about that…

Someone look at the pics of the leaves and let me know what you think about the spots and the twisting. The twisting started from the beginning, but stoped after the 2nd set of leaves.

I found what I think was a single White Fly and noticed dark colored droplets on the inside of the Grobo walls (I am assuming it was insect Excrement).

Can’t seem to find any other insects inside.

2 Likes

Upon further inspection I found one of these just now

2 Likes

Your bottom fan should be on already for sure it comes on around 10 - 14 days ( early vegetation ). Top fan comes on in 20 - 25 late vegetation. You need to put in a ticket asap before your plant starts to suffer. Sometimes restarting your power makes the fans come on.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Will Do

3 Likes

I’m gonna see if I can find the website that identifies bugs and I will add it here but in the meantime do this.

https://www.maine.gov/dacf/php/gotpests/bugs/spider-mites.htm

1 Like

That’s an aphid. Usually stay on stems and under leaves until laying eggs. Kill it and check for eggs. Hopefully a rogue and followed you in.

4 Likes

Leaf hopper sorry. Not aphid

5 Likes

image https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwk4yE8Ka7W5IGFjdo2eNOBGI1tfo0Bya_P8abK4qHhNxXlssR4g
leafhopper bug - Google Search

2 Likes

Seems to have just been the one. Checking twice a day. So 98% of my roots are nice and white. Should I try to treat the brown areas?

Also, think she looks small for day 25/114 ?

4 Likes

I’d throw in some hydroguard to stay safe. May be a bit small but you can always extend veg unless it’s auto

6 Likes

Temp needs to go up as well :+1::v:

4 Likes

8/14 Late Veg. Day 32

So I feel like she is really small for her age. It is a hybrid but predominantly an Indica and is supposed to short and bushy.

But there is so much new growth popping up underneath the larger fan leaves, that I am actually going in and pulling the leaves out because they are getting wadded up underneath the older growth.

Normal?

Seems to me it needs to grow up some to allow for new growth better.

With this being the case, even with the lollipopping guide, I’m a little intimidated to start pruning for fear of doing it wrong.

3 Likes

Seems normal, ull want to extend veg till ur at that second fan.

could take off marked fan leaves, just start from bottom up :call_me_hand:. U could leave most of top that is receiving light unless u want to open up space for more bud sites. Really any fan leaf under this line would be perfect to cut

4 Likes

Almost ready to top too

1 Like

Cool, but based on what ?

2 Likes

The amount of nodes it looks like she has, hard to tell from photos but looks like u have 4. 3 to 5 are best first top spots I’ve seen so far for grobo

3 Likes

Did the first trim. Thinking I might should take some more fan leaves off next time and Top it.

Did not want to over do it.

Day 34

7 Likes

You’ll be fine. While you’re at it, you might want to take those drying bottom leaves off as well :+1::v:

7 Likes

Trimmed some more this morning. Also Topped. So from what I read, you basically want to nurture the bud sites. Meaning make sure they get plenty of air and direct light.

So I untangled them and tried to arrange it so they would receive air and light.

I feel like the big fan leaves are blocking the light still.

But at the same time, doesn’t the plant need them?

So, trim more or no?

Exstended 7 Days

Also raised Air temp from 70 to 77F, by closing closet door. Was concerned this would greatly increase my water temp, but it is holding around its norm avg of 72F

On a side note, do the drain and fill notifications decrease in frequency, as in extended use of the same water. Last time I did a Drain and Fill was on the 9th. Been keeping it topped off tho

3 Likes