Male or female

Hi everybody, I want to know if I’m right about this. I think I have a male plant in my tent with a female. I know that not good so please help me. First two is the one I think is a male plant. And the last one is the female.

2 Likes

Pics? :slight_smile: hehe… not much we can do to confirm it… If you already know it is in fact a male, you should remove it asap… if it’s just starting to flower the pollen sacks won’t be ready to burst yet I think, so you have time to get it out before they do

What stage are your plants in?

2 Likes

I’m sorry I was having trouble uploading my pictures

1 Like

No problem… hope you figure it out, we can definitely confirm by the the way it starts flowering for sure.

2 Likes

Sorry to say, the plant you’re worried about IS a male. At least from what I can see in the pics.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely doesn’t look like female parts to me. It looks early though you can probably still remove it in time to avoid pollination of your female, cuz that will just cause her to make seeds and waste energy that could be spent on buds… she also might start producing male parts too possibly and go hermaphrodite

2 Likes

How do you do that? I’m new to this. I’m Surprise I got this far. Lmao.

You’re gonna have to completely cut down the plant and dispose of it, or let it grow outside and see what it does, after all, you did give it life. But obviously that’s not always an option. Otherwise, you’re gonna ruin your entire grow… I’d definitely save the female

2 Likes

I would be extra careful you don’t pop those pollen sacks on accident, i’m no expert but I can only imagine that would be bad to break them by damage… I would take it as far away from your tent as you can to get rid of it to be safe

2 Likes

Is it to cold for my plant to go outside this time of year? I live on the East Coast. Should I be scared that the bugs might get to it.

Someone with more experience might be able to chime in, but I’d be careful with it breaking and getting on your hands and stuff and then going near your female afterwards… No idea how long it takes for them to get mature to break but I do know there is time before that happens, cuz otherwise they will just pop open on accident

It might be too cold outside but if it was me I would chance it anyway if I could… You’re already in to flower so it only needs a couple of weeks, might be a huge shock but if you leave it your female is gonna be bad too, so it’s kinda sad but I feel like necessary

4 Likes

All your hard work will be mostly for nothing unless you get the boy out of the girl’s locker room ASAP lol :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How-Can-I-Spot-Emerging-Cannabis-Flowers__KsXGtwJhF8Vj3AWA

3 Likes

I did but now I do know what to do with it. It been 52 day now I don’t want to say f*ck.

But now I look in my Grobo and seen this.

3 Likes

Oh no :frowning: That’s not good! That looks like another male plant to me I think…

3 Likes

^ There are SOME things that can come out of male plants…

4 Likes

I just want to cry right now. I’m not stopping the Grobo one. I removed the other male plant from the female. But I didn’t know what to do with it. I guess this happened to almost everyone their first time grown.

1 Like

I’m so sorry… I can only imagine how you feel… your babies…

How far away is your Grobo from your grow tent? I think there is some concern of male pollen sacks being released into the air and still finding a way to pollinate…

Calling all warriors : @SilverGrobo @chris_barfield @Todd.grobo @Bplatinum9 @vegetato @buzzy6 @SWSVIC @miami5th

Any advice here?

2 Likes

Please don’t say that. In the same room but Opposite end of each other.

1 Like

100% it’s a male :weary: where did you source your seeds? I’m assuming they were “regular” and not “feminized” correct? Unfortunately I would recommend terminating both of these plants, getting your hands on some quality feminized genetics, and starting over. You did a great job growing them, unfortunately one way or another you ended up with the wrong sex. I am confident that you will kick ass on your next grow. Let me know if you’d like some recommendations on solid feminized genetics.

5 Likes