Looking for floraflex feed advice in DWC

My recommend would be keep things simply your doing to much

Get R0 water

Cal/mag to 0.3

V1 first then V2

Get your Ec up to 1.2

Adjust ph to 5.7

Skip everything else until your back on track and even then more is not always better

I will try to help you either way you want to go about it but let me ask you this. Your changing the formulation of your base nutes by adding all these extras do you know what your NKP is at now?? Also your Ec is to low on V1 and v2. (Need more base nutes)

2 Likes

In a way yes mine do resemble the photos in the article. It just doesnt seem to add upā€¦ ive been monitoring my ph like a hawk. I like your idea of toning it back to keep it simple until im sorted out. The additives i am using have no NPK value if i am not mistaken. I will say i do not know what my NPK is at currently. I will follow your advice and report back! Heres a photo of another plant affected in the same system.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s best the Floraflex base nutes without any extras will give you great results.

In my past grows I added everything under the sun thinking Iā€™m doing something and at the end of the day nothing but problems.

Not sure if you seen my last Floraflex grow but for the most part the only thing I added was BudCandy. And was all top shelfā€™s.

Now if you canā€™t keep your water temp below 69 you may need to add hydroguard back in the mix to be safe.

4 Likes

Your knowledge and input is very appreciated!

3 Likes

Back with an update. New growth looking much happier! Thank you for the advice @Mpower11. I will post another update over the weekend!

4 Likes

Colour looks nice :+1: I think your on track also

2 Likes

Thinking I am back on track thanks to your advice! Some signs of heat/humidity stress so Iā€™ve bumped my temp and humidity down from 82f and 75RH to 77f and 60RH. I was trying to follow florflex tech supports suggestions with temp and humidity but the plants just donā€™t seem to like it. I am running 1100ppm of co2. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Follow VPD and your plants will love you

Ps your back in the race!! Looks great to me

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ after a few weeks Iā€™m back for some advice. After following your previous advice, plants took off great. I ended up topping them to the 3rd node after they reached 6th or 7th node. Stunted them pretty hard but they still looked healthy. Now itā€™s been almost two weeks of slow growth. Iā€™ve gradually increased doses of v1 and v2 and am up to 2 grams per gallon with a final final EC of 1.9. After 5 days the ec has raised to 2.0. No signs of nutrient burn on any plants. Bottom right plant seems to be much lighter green than the rest. I am wondering if I need to lower my ec value given it is rising after a week. Or if I should continue to up the ec value. Any input is appreciated!

1 Like

@ZillgrowDWC,

ā€¦

ā€¦

• (Deficiency, Iā€™m Just Trying To Help):

- - -

@ZillgrowDWC,

ā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦

• (#InComming): {:clap:}:

{:clap:}:

ā€¦

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

Very useful links here! However I am having a hard time decifering if Iā€™m facing a deficiency, toxicity or possible lockout. It seems odd at 1.9EC to have a deficiency, given this is quite a heavy feed. In one aspect I feel one plant is showing nitrogen excess (see attached photo) whereas another plant seems that itā€™s either locking out or showing deficiency. Being that my ph is dropping slightly over the week (from 5.9 to 5.8) and my ec is rising slightly (1.9 to 2.0 over 5 days) I am wondering if a flush would be beneficial or if I should dial back or if I should feed moreā€¦

2 Likes

Flushā€¦

Dosing ruleā€¦

Max EC = 1.4 PPM = 700 veg stage
Max EC = 1.6 PPM = 800 flower stage

PH of 5.5. - 5.8 without co2

Higher nutes = cold months
Lower nutes = hotter months

There is more information on this matter in my ā€œEverything Flora Flexā€ Topic if you wanna take a look. :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks for the input! So I currently run 1100ppm co2 in veg. Room temp around 76-78 and RH is about 62-65. I am running a chiller on my dwc system with water Temps held at 66F. I will do a 24hour flush with phā€™d RO water tomorrow followed by a feeding of straight ro water with cal mag to 0.3EC and v1 and v2 until I achieve 1.4EC. Thoughts? Following your link now. Thanks!

1 Like

Not recommended to do straight water flush because it throws the plant PH off even more.
The best person to ask about this part is @Mpower11 who taught me this methodā€¦

Take out haIf of the nutrient water from reservoir, add fresh water to drop EC to 1.0
Adjust ph to 5.5 -5.8
Flush plant until leach water reads same PH & EC
Now add nute water back in
Feed from 1.0 water & added nute water at 1.6 will itake you back to 1.3 - 1.4 EC & stabalize medium.

See you at Everything Flora Flex! :eyes::seedling:

3 Likes

I greatly appreciate you sharing. I try to be as resourceful as I can before reaching out, but I canā€™t seem to find good info for a flush in dwc!

Iā€™m going to jump in and comment on a few things said above but first I have a couple questions.

1. what type of light are you running (hps / led etc) Sorry if you posted it before I just forget. Also how far away is it?

2. when is the last time you looked at your roots? Are they white? Are they slimy? Are they twisted? Do they smell?

1 Like
  1. how often do you change the water?

2. are you adding anything else besides V1 and V2?

1 Like

Hey @Mpower11 thanks for chiming in! Iā€™m running a luxx 640 LED. Iā€™m supplementing co2 at 1100ppm. Light is set at 50% and is 40 inches from canopy level. I was using power si, botanicare calmag, v1 v2 and house and garden roots excelurator. I have been using only power si, calmag and v1 v2 since your last reccomendation. Roots are nice and white. Some darker stains from the roots excelurator but no oder no slime the roots are hard not slimy the least bit. However they do seem to be twisted I suppose? I am changing water every 5 days using ro water with cal mag added to 0.3 ec. Ph is stable between 5.9 to 5.8 Here are some photos. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Looks like maybe the start if it to me

More isnā€™t always better from my experience but I donā€™t really go by the books

I would drop your EC to 1.0

Your plant shows signs of stress to me but nothing crazyā€¦ I think lowering the ec is a right move for a few days and see what the plant looks like

I wouldnā€™t flushā€¦ Flushing can create stress! You not looking all that badā€¦

Can you say forsure your ph meter is good and calibrated because plant looks like Ph is off but if you are at 5.8 / 5.9 thatā€™s perfect but the plant says no to me

Perfect RH
Perfect Water temp
Perfect temp without Co2

If you can maintain 1100 Co2 PPM get your day temp up to 85 to 88 take advantage of the Co2

If you have a Par meter get your lights around 500 PPFD take advantage of the Co2

Question for you what are you using and how for C02? Just picking your brain for ideaā€™sā€¦ Always looking for ways to improve my c02 setup

I wouldnā€™t flush

@Bplatinum9 has shared alot good information here thanks for the help

Your roots look great they have a normal twist not a root rot twist

lights sounds right

5 day water change is great

Climate is perfect but not taking advantage of Co2 (but doesnā€™t hurt the plant)

Feed is high but not off the charts by any means.

I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is youā€™re doing a pretty good job checking all the boxes and I want to learn mostly towards ph. Now also your plants donā€™t look way off to me.

My end thoughts are

Day temp get up to 85 to 88
Night 72
Co2 off at night
Co2 maintained 1100 ppm day
Rh is perfect at 62 to 65

Drain the water

Ro water
Cal / mag to 0.4
V1 first then / V2 to Ec 1.0
Ph to 5.8 (please confirm your metre is calibrated)
Add Nothing Else

I called this a No Stress flush your plants will thank you.

Send us a picture with a update then we can see the next move.

3 Likes

Also explain how you ph your water after mixed over the 5 days if you do anything.

1 Like