Lollipop

I’ve read a couple places that I should gradually lollipop and not to do it all at once? I read that lollipopibg all at once turns plants to hermi and that’s what I did for my first grow and no joke I’ve dealt with probably 1000 seeds! Yes that many, just crazy and now I just lollipoped my new batch and wondering if the same thing is going to happen. Went a little scissor crazy and I hope this doesn’t stress plant out to go hermi on me. My first seed was a free white widow and the new one is wedding cake. My first batch I did have other issues as well with nutrients and ph and humidity issues. Don’t know if it was because a combination of being stressed for awhile or not? So I guess I’m just wondering what you guys think.

Thanks

Thanks
Steve

3 Likes

@Steve,

((#GoodQuestion)): :question: ((#Hermi)): :boy::cowboy_hat_face:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=hermi%20

--

chris_barfield Champion

((#ChampionGotYouCovered)): :clap:

--

You have tons of Bud Sights: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart: ((#I’mJelly)): :strawberry::squish::Or::grapes::squish::wink:

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :eyes:

--

3 Likes

Lollypopping plants doesn’t cause a hermi… those plants seem like they had really weak genetics … I’ve defolitated and topped all of my branches on numerous plants at the same time and no hermi… now you can shock the plant by defoliating too many leaves at once you should only be removing 30 percent leaves and that’s at the most

2 Likes

That’s good to know, and I would have to say I probably shocked my plant but if that just stunts the growth I’m good with that. I’m running out of room! I would have to say I took more like 50%. But my plant is getting big. My light doesn’t come on till 11am and I cant show a pick till then but that’s good to know! I’ve got some white pistils showing now as well so things are looking on the up. I’m just going to repeat my week to catch up with plant and it looks like I’m in good shape. I’ll send pics later

Thanks again

2 Likes

You should be fine

1 Like

Thanks again for your help here are some pics! :grinning:

3 Likes

Here is an updated photo

6 Likes

Looking nice dude

2 Likes

Jeezum Christmas! Look at all those bud sites!

1 Like

Thanks man

So here is an example on how many seeds I’m dealing with and the weed barely gets me high. Then again that just might be my tolerance. So here are a few different angles of a small nugget and yes they were female seeds and showed signs of female all the way through.

4 Likes

Yea I’ve heard of Herm issues with fem seeds

2 Likes

Are herm plants safe to smoke?

That’s all I’ve been buying are fem seeds. Should I not because of this issue with toping and lollipoping or is it more to do with the genetics like you said.

1 Like

More about genetics abd how good the breeder is at reversing … I mean I would f give up on fem seeds though I’ve run them and they were fine before

They are safe to smoke

1 Like

Same here, but never had em. Look at your setup. Something is amis. :+1::v:

1 Like

Holy crap, so before my light came on I took a peak inside and saw a glow? I opened up the tent and on my small isolating fan there is a light on it… fuuuuuck! So now what happens? They are developing pistils and all should be a go now. (Always something, who puts a damn light on a small fan seriously! It was a low dim light but definitely illuminated underneath) I’m just stressing this plant out and if this ends up having seeds like the first, I’ll be pissed. By the way I was wondering if I bought just regular seeds and toped and lollipoped would they be less likely hermi on me? I know I can’t use auto seeds if I want to scrog. Crap!!! Balls!!!

P.s. I like the fan but I’m putting tape all over this light. Can’t believe a light on a fan

2 Likes

Take that bitch ass fan!!!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be that big a deal I mean it can but if it’s good genetics it can withstand that… as far as scrogging and all that … my personal opinion nothing beats reg seeds… I mean you find males whatever chuck them out but it’s my opinion that genetics are more stable with regs… not to say that fems can’t be just as strong cuz they can … but I’d hate for them to Herm and cause wasted time

1 Like