Lateral and upward facing light

So i thought I read That someone had been using lateral light sources to get light to the bottom of the canopy and other portions of the plant that aren’t receiving adequate light. I thought about setting up a few flashlights to direct light to the exact spots I need. Then I saw a few light sources that are like mats that stick to the sides of the wall and I thought that might actually work well. Also anybody ever try putting a mirror on the top of the reservoir cover to reflect the light from the top? With such a confined space it is really imperative to maximize every square inch. I am very curious however about adding additional lateral light sources. It seems like this would be a good idea.

@Stephen

2 Likes

Here’s a couple examples of some people who have done something similar:

@Chem13dog has LED light strips inside the Grobo, or had them… not sure on the status of that currently.

@Vicc opened his door and used a LED to let the plant get some extra light (Not inside the Grobo) and I do believe he has some LED lights to add in the Grobo as a test for his current grow!

@Thatguyb.y uses foil in his Grobo, which I assume is for light reflection.

@SilverGrobo has used flashlights inside the Grobo… not sure on the actual effects of them??? Maybe she can answer that!

Also, I had used a LED headlamp as some extra light (which probably didn’t do too much) because my stalk on my first grow had a really bad blemish/hole in it, I thought maybe it would help to heal it with some extra light? Idk. Might have done nothing.

5 Likes

Wow. And thank you for all the info. I’ve got some reading to do!

1 Like

@pyromancy,

• (All Of The Flashlights/Lighting Are Just So I Can Get A Photo In That Looks Green [:green_heart: :leaves:]): (I Don’t Like Using The [PhotoMode] -Because- I’m The Slow One -And- I Need Time To Get The Shot I’m Looking For): (My [PhoneCamera] Doesn’t Allow The Flash In HDR):

{:turtle: :snail: :sloth:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes