Late vegetation

Hi guys,
I’m in my last day of late vegetation. I’m hearing that before going to the transition phase, I should wait for my plant to reach the second fan. And yet, when I see @Stephen video, the plant hasn’t reached the second fan. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

8 Likes

Do extend late veg until you hit that second fan. I let my plant hit the top of it before the transition. I believe that video you were watching was just an experiment. At the end of the video he mentions he could of finessed one of the plants a bit more. Meaning he would have usually extended late veg.

4 Likes

Dont extend. Especially if its your first grow or first grow with that s.train

4 Likes

@Todd.grobo explains why.

1 Like

Thanks Todd. Can you explain a bit more?

2 Likes

Well seeing as it’s your first grow you don’t know how much the plant will stretch, which could lead to space issues etc. You could extend a week if you wanted, I don’t see it hitting the fan in a week but you don’t need to keep extending until it’s at the fan. Grow this one out like Todd suggested and then the next time you grow it again (if you do) then you’ll know, it didn’t get as tall I can extend to the fan, or that was a good time to transition
What is it that you’re growing

3 Likes

It’s a Utopia Haze (sativa) from Barney’s farm

2 Likes

Then yeah just let it go and see how she does. Sativas tend to be on the tall side. Like I said then you know if your going to grow it again what changes you can make, or if it was a “perfect” height. I use quotations because it’s never going to be the exact same

6 Likes

What @Russel_Richardson said. I think im the only one whose against going for size but ive had 2 at the top and never as good a harvest as ones not. So i prefer a more manageable plant size and that does noy mean 2nd fan height. Usually first.

8 Likes

- - - [2020-06.20]:

Jun 2, '20 12:09 AM

@Luandri,

• ((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

YourGrowYourCall..~~ (2)

--

:infinity:

3 Likes