Late Vegetation (Day 1) Fungus Gnats?

hahaha, love the lab. I’ve got a chocolate, but my Grobo is down in the basement and he’s always been too scared to go down there.

2 Likes

I hung one of those sticky traps in there and it caught all the guys flying around (the ones that I didn’t squash). I’ll keep an eye on it, to ensure the H2O2 has smashed the eggs/larvae but it looks to have taken care of the problem. I sprayed some of that neem oil on the coco pod just for good measure, @SWSVIC your assessment is right on the money, that stuff stinks.

5 Likes

I have the same problem. Just saw these in the cocopod earlier today. I dont see any adults so hopefully its just the start. And im still in early veg. Whats the best thing to use on the cocopod in the grobo? Neem oil or nematodes?

1 Like

I tried a lot of stuff to get rid of these suckers and nothing worked to completely eliminate them. The best that I could do was to control them. Ultimately, I put down some yellow sticky cards on the bottom and it caught a lot of them. In combination with some h2o2 solution on the pod, they were manageable.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Did u spray once or daily for the week

I sprayed cocopod lightly once a day for 2-3 days. And waited to see if I was catching more on yellow sticky traps. But after a week or so they all died off or stuck to trap.

What kind of traps and where did u get 3% rubbing Alcohol

I used these traps.

Faicuk Yellow Dual-Sided Sticky Fly Traps for Plant Insect Like Aphids, Fungus Gnats, Leaf Miners and White Flies (10 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FIE922E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_HC9JAJp7spDfM

I didn’t use any alcohol, hydrogen pyroxide mixed with water.

Those sticky traps were the best.

1 Like