Late Vegetation (Day 1) Fungus Gnats?

Also try this it monitors illuminates Nats and monitors at the same time. The Yellow paper believe it or not works really well…lay it flat under plant DO NOT! Let it touch your plant it’s extreamly sticky and won’t let go of leafs and stems.

Granules put in small lid or saucer bit of water under plant
Never used nematodes before

Don’t know if this works in Grobo but it works in my tents …something is to Moist NATS!

2 Likes

I used one part hydrogine peroxide 3% and 3 parts Water sprayed top of Coco pod not alot but enough to kill the larve they place in Coco pod. And used yellow sticky traps on top of reservoir cover to catch the gnats when they land. Took about a week to get rid of. But after no more problems.

4 Likes

This sounds like the best option, neem oil possesses one of the worst smells on the planet in my opinion.

4 Likes

That’s good to know. I was thinking of having some neem oil on hand just in case of pest. But maybe I will keep reading up see what other options. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

The smell fades quickly, and the carbon filter removes the odor from the air being pumped out.

Worst smell IMO goes to Limburger cheese and Durian fruit. If you include flowering plants then the worst smell would go to the corpse flower (titan arum).

3 Likes

This is all great information, thanks all. I ordered the neem oil from Amazon, it will be here Friday. In the meantime, I think I’ll give the hydrogen peroxide a go. Hopefully it will eliminate the larva.

4 Likes

For the adult gnats, try vinegar cider mixed with dish soap…put in a small jar or bowl and place tape on both sides leaving a small space for them to fly into… the tape traps them! Works great the Neem oil kills the eggs on the roots

2 Likes

The larvae eat the roots preventing proper nute uptake…

2 Likes

I have a black lab, who loves rolling in anything she can find. I spray my plant once a week as a preventative measure because I am sure she is bringing in some extra friends with her that would love to sink their teeth into my plant.

2 Likes

If you are dealing with fruit flies one method I have found to work wonders is mixing balsamic vinegar with dish soap in a small jar. Shake it up really good and leave it open in the area with the fruit flies. They love the smell of the balsamic vinegar and get stuck on the soap suds and die. Should change it out every 2-3 days.

The nice thing about this is the fruit flies will typically sink to the bottom of the jar.

3 Likes

It helps, but so does throwing his ass in the pool for a good chlorine soak😎hahaha

She loves water, but HATES baths. Go figure. LOL :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

hahaha, love the lab. I’ve got a chocolate, but my Grobo is down in the basement and he’s always been too scared to go down there.

2 Likes

I hung one of those sticky traps in there and it caught all the guys flying around (the ones that I didn’t squash). I’ll keep an eye on it, to ensure the H2O2 has smashed the eggs/larvae but it looks to have taken care of the problem. I sprayed some of that neem oil on the coco pod just for good measure, @SWSVIC your assessment is right on the money, that stuff stinks.

5 Likes

I have the same problem. Just saw these in the cocopod earlier today. I dont see any adults so hopefully its just the start. And im still in early veg. Whats the best thing to use on the cocopod in the grobo? Neem oil or nematodes?

1 Like

I tried a lot of stuff to get rid of these suckers and nothing worked to completely eliminate them. The best that I could do was to control them. Ultimately, I put down some yellow sticky cards on the bottom and it caught a lot of them. In combination with some h2o2 solution on the pod, they were manageable.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Did u spray once or daily for the week

I sprayed cocopod lightly once a day for 2-3 days. And waited to see if I was catching more on yellow sticky traps. But after a week or so they all died off or stuck to trap.

What kind of traps and where did u get 3% rubbing Alcohol

I used these traps.

Faicuk Yellow Dual-Sided Sticky Fly Traps for Plant Insect Like Aphids, Fungus Gnats, Leaf Miners and White Flies (10 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FIE922E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_HC9JAJp7spDfM

I didn’t use any alcohol, hydrogen pyroxide mixed with water.

Those sticky traps were the best.

1 Like