Kush "n" Cookies

There are no WiFi problems in my home. I have multiple networks and a fail over. I use a third party software to monitor connections called solarwinds. My network is not the issue and was verified by bjorn that the issue was within the unit. At no point in the past 30 days has either of my networks gone down. The grobo is the only wireless device using 2.4 in my home.

The issue currently is the drain will not disengage as seen in the pictures. I cannot fill when the app will not kick out of drain mode

I have an open helpdesk ticket in.

I use distilled water, the chiller was added as it’s widely recognized that temps in the high 70’s encourage bad fungus as root rot. It seems like most of the failed grows in the grobo are directly related to the hot water temps.

My unit is in early veg day 16 - 5/14

Literally all of this info was posted above and as well in my tickets

Should I fill this unit manually again? @Chris
It is stuck in drain mode. Linda has been out of the water now for an hour.

If the pump was defective, why does it dispense both bottles 1 & 2? Why does it allow for draining? I’m not buying that at all. This is software or the unit. I’m literally sitting in front of my unit with the hose in the bucket with all of the water that was drained

The question arised about nutes when the OP had a pic posted with his dispensing and being a day behind my grow cycle his plant was significantly further along due to the nutes being dispensed In his device and the extra sleep mine recieved when the Inside LEDs did not come on while I was at work.

Edit
I’ve fixed the drain/fill problem. Anyone remember contra cheat codes? Up up down down ect, for the grobo. I literally had to hit drain, pause, drain, pause, drain, pause, drain, pause like thirty times before it finally showed drained successfully and is currently filling. Keep in mind there was no water and only air being pushed by the internal pump. I fully expect these issues to be address or a replacement everything to be issued. No idea what the cause of this is and support does seem to know either. Suggesting WiFi is the issue seems to be a blanket response to any and all issues for me. If you want to shoot me a chat and let me know what ports I need to open or forward so this device better communicates so be it. The grobo is within 20 feet the router (measured it - 26 feet) and while I appreciate you trying to help @Chris I am completely disregarding WiFi as the issue

Also nutes finally dispensed once I was able to complete the fill. 3 4 and 5 all dispensed into the grobo. All of the bottles now appear to have the same amount of fluid gone, but it’s the WiFi… so… :man_shrugging: I have added to my support ticket and detailed the events of today and the 5 other issues I’ve had. Its only day 16 of ownership. Lights, buttons, pump, nutes, drain/fill cannot all be attributed to WiFi

Hopefully we can get this resolved and my plant is not going to die because I’ve done everything I can to secure an ideal environment for the grobo.

Just so we’re clear:
Grobo Inside temps are 76 degrees
Only distilled water has ever been added.
Water temps the first 4 days were 78 degrees.
A chiller was added to combat the inevitable failure keep temps at 66 currently.
The grobo is on a 2.4ghz connection and it’s signal strength is 98% at the grobo.

I would be happy to provide logs of solar winds, my routers arp tables ect however this is not the issue and would expect the logs of my device in return :wink:. The grobo is the only device in my home on that frequency and to be honest it shouldn’t have to be. 2.4 is used for old devices or devices that would be far away from your router which is not the case for my unit or 2.4 is better suited penetrating walls and doors ect which is the only reason I can come up with that Grobo would recommend this. 5ghz is also significantly faster throughput, but I’ll leave it on 2.4 and it will continue to be the only device on that frequency. Look forward to any answers the Grobo team will provide in chat, email, PM or the grobo support page. I am committed to growing with Grobo and I’m hopeful for a simple resolution.

Can the Grobo be “factory defaulted” without losing the current grow? I suspect the issue is software like a glitch and maybe something as simple as starting fresh resolves these weird issues. The hardware that I can easily test functions. Air stone, pump, glass, lights, button on back.

The grow continues

3 Likes

@James,

((#WOW)):

I’m Happy that that is over… Hopefully that doesn’t happen again… I was going to ask if you unplugged it at all for a short time to reboot the system to see if that would work… Sorry you had to go through all that… :frowning_face:

1 Like

I’ve added to my existing helpdesk ticket.

Honesty I panicked when the water wouldn’t go back into the reservoir today after my test drain and fill. I was prompted by a champion the day before to not wait and submit a support ticket the day before in which I added to the open ticket as it may be a more serious issue. I had done so around 1pm CST on 8/8. When I arrived home later in the day (around 3:30?)I decided to get my drain and fill done before the weekend so if I did have issues I could get in touch and hopefully resolved so it didn’t wait until Monday.

All of the issues I’ve experience imo cannot be attributed to network. I added a really long thread in my helpdesk ticket explaining why.

I made some network changes and ran some tests last night to further demonstrate that internet/wireless is not the issue. The grobos MAC address was added manually to the 2.4gHz router ssid and has a policy to “pass all” traffic. Disconnecting and reconnecting several times.

After running many tests on my own I’ve concluded this issue to be software based, but I’m committed to working with the grobo to team to figure it out.

I am also prepared to keep my plant alive on my own in the event something hardware is the issue. My only concern would be the lack of a powerful LED. I do have a small one used for seedlings before they’re taken outside.

For now, I’ll wait for a response to my inquiry. I’m not sure this is “over”, but hopeful a resolution is on the way.

2 Likes

I received a reply from my ticket in which Bjorn stated they believe we can get everything working correctly, but I needed to wait until Monday for Stephen.

Today my plant is starting to show signs of nute problems. Discoloration, tops browning, leaves starting to get brown tips and it’s starting to on the lower leaves droop

Anyone know how I can correct this myself? Possible the grobo emptied two weeks of nutes into the grobo to compensate for my manual fill when the pump wasn’t working?

Seems like a lot of bottles 3/4/5 went into the reservoir on my last drain and fill

Keep in mind these were completely full before the last drain and fill.

Only distilled water has been used. Generic hybrid recipe
Temps 76.6 / rH 64.1in Grow area
Blue labs pen says water is ph 6.0 temp of 66 degrees.

Air stone is working. Roots are no longer shining white…

I will be draining and filling this afternoon around 4pm cst

Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated. Feel like I’m on an island with the issues I’ve had and the answers given by support. Certainly this can’t also be attributed to wireless

1 Like

You need a ppm pen to check your nutrient levels and the drain and fill could be helpful but is there a way to flush before a drain and fill to reset the plant for fresh nuts? Or is the drain and feel considered the same thing as a flush?
P.s. Your bottles look like they took the nutes they had missed prior.
She will survive this!

1 Like

I have a blue labs ppm the readings I get from it are 800 on setting of “700ppm”

Both ph pens have been calibrated and has the check mark validating it

I don’t have one yet so what are the ranges? She looks like she has grown these past days.

1 Like

Also you shouldn’t “need” the ph/ppm pen if the grobo is automating this and has sensors/probes to validate this. Just as in the water chiller is not needed :man_shrugging:

I sent off support a great long email explaining what I felt the issue was and was it possible to factory default the machine without killing the plant. Hoping that whatever was causing these random issues was fixed by that which imo is software.

I have replacement nutrients (advanced nutrients full lineup( set to arrive Monday so I can take complete control of the grobo. Something is wrong. I really can’t trust basic functions at this point. The only answer I’ve received from anyone at grobo was wireless related and wait until Monday. The plant will survive this, but this is not a positive experience for me so far. The plant I put in soil 48 hours prior planting my seed in the grobo is flourishing.

When I drain and fill this afternoon I will take the plant out in the plastic and verify once again that everything is in place and working

1 Like

My nutes are basically where yours is now. I just focused mainly on the outside temps, using my ceiling fan and air conditioner.

4 Likes

Your plant is towering over mine lol

I really think my unit is defective or there is a software glitch causing these issues

Keep in mind we’re on the same day in our grow

Notice the browning on the edges

1 Like

Also keep in mind that they are different strains!

1 Like

4 Likes

I’m on day 10/14 early veg do I wait until late veg to start topping? Double checking.

5 Likes

Nope all you need to do is wait for the 5th-6th node whichever your preference then give’r the old snip! Looks like you need a node or two still

6 Likes

Holding strong Day 12/14 Early veg

5 Likes

The difference between today’s drain and fill and last weeks.
Today

Last Week

4 Likes

Could leave ur bottles sideways so u don’t have to remove to show pic if u want :+1:

2 Likes

Not having any luck trying to count nodes, to top or not!

2 Likes

It looks like your starting your 4th
Where each set of leaves comes out is a node. So if you have 4 sets of leaves you have 4 nodes. You could be starting your 5th I just can’t really tell

5 Likes

Thanks Russel that really helps! Makes it easier to count sets of leaves than digging underneath trying to find nodules. Puts things into perspective! 1-2-grow-on! :bulb::seedling:

2 Likes