Kush "n" Cookies

Not having any luck trying to count nodes, to top or not!

2 Likes

It looks like your starting your 4th
Where each set of leaves comes out is a node. So if you have 4 sets of leaves you have 4 nodes. You could be starting your 5th I just can’t really tell

5 Likes

Thanks Russel that really helps! Makes it easier to count sets of leaves than digging underneath trying to find nodules. Puts things into perspective! 1-2-grow-on! :bulb::seedling:

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

2 Likes

Was going to say same thing. Looks like one more node and ull be ready to top

2 Likes

I couldn’t wait any longer! I topped …! I hope she survives it, I read online that you can top anytime after the first set of triple leaves so I wanted to see the effects.

(upload://siNaYQzp0BoaNRl9fmNRr6JxacL.jpeg)

1 Like

When is it absolutely too late to top and is there a number of times that would be excessive? To my knowledge its 3 times before transition is this correct? Should I extend grow another week to allow for healing or wait to see how she responds?

1 Like

Hey @Bplatinum9, I’ve only ever topped once and I’ve seen twice (usually add a week to late veg) but she will need some time to heal now so let her do her thing. How’s your coco pod on top? Should feel dryer. She’s looking good! :+1:

2 Likes

@Dew I think tomorrow when I enter late veg I will add an extra week I wish we had the option of adding 3 days at a time because she already looks fuller form earlier today. My coco pod is definitely not dryer although it looks healthy if it doesn’t start to dry up during late veg I might have to ask @Stephen what I can do. I would hate to have to squeeze on the pod and damage the roots or plant.

Ya you wouldn’t want to do that- So long as you follow your recipe you should be good to go. By day 30 that pod will really start to dry out.

2 Likes

Day after I topped, it already started filling in by spreading across the center cut.

Kush N Cookies (Hybrid)

Bplatinum9

DAY

Your Grobo is Growing

Late Vegetation (Day 1/14)

5 Likes

Anybody ever try one of these to clone? I wish I could find someone who could take my clones once they root because I’m not set up to keep them but I would hate to waist them, especially the ones you pay an arm and a leg plus insurance for customs to get seeds for.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IK7PRPM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

1 Like

I topped once 6days ago, got a lot of new growth so I pushed the big fan leaves under the new growth and removed the dead leaves. Question: how long do you wait to top again and where do you think I should top? Should I wait longer? Has anyone topped after late veg stage before?

1 Like

I see ppl topping the branches under the first top after the recover from original top. May want to start trimming bottoms up just first may second node fan leaves

1 Like

You lost me…? Are you saying to trim from the bottom up to the second node? So far I have only topped once and pushed my fan leaves down under new growth, so when exactly can I top again? I added 7 extra days for that one topping already. Do I have time o trim bottom and top twice more?

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Cannabis-Nodes.jpg

image https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/topping-vs-fiming-sm.jpg

1 Like

On the the number node picture cut #1,2,and just the fan leaf of 3. And when topping, first top is obviously center of main stem then when #3,4,5 branches get to that 3to5 node top them. Make sense?

3 Likes

Finally! Yes it does! But I’m so bitchin out! Lol! Afraid to mess up! I cut the 1st tier of leaves but they didn’t have a node and fimmed twice on the right because it needed to fill in more.

3 Likes

All about trial and error. I’ve tried to read up as much as I can on the topic. Still more to learn as well :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I appreciate you!:100:

1 Like