Is my Grobo Broken on arrival? [RESOLVED]

Hello Everyone. I’m starting to think there is something wrong with my Grobo. I bought two Grobo’s in January and planted in February. One of my machines took off and is still growing its first seed (blue Cindy) while the other machine with cheese auto died and the grow had to be forced to end. I started over on that same grobo with a different strain than before but with the same strain as my grobo that is working (blue Cindy). It is coming up on three weeks and my second blue Cindy in my possibly broken grobo can’t make it to three weeks without looking horrible. Do I have a bunk grobo?

3 Likes

My cheese seeds from seedsman died on me twice!
Before you put the blue Cindy in to start did you do a full clean, sanitize, and recalibration? That may help!
Check your air stone and pump and show us a picture under the lid!

1 Like

Here is a picture under the lid. I cleaned and sanitized after the forced end. I didn’t recalibrate the sensors cause it said that was recommended every 4 months and I’m in month 2 of usage. So I didn’t think I would need to. I blamed the seed the first time but I’m thinking another seed in a row, what are the chances when I have another one that’s doing perfectly fine. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I can’t see your water sensors at all, can you tell me which one your water level is filled to?
I would recalibrate each grow to get the best results, it takes 3-4 months for one grow if your using photos and not autos.
Whenever there is a problem with a grow recalibrating before starting another may be necessary.
Are both of your grobo located in the same area?
Your new growth looks good as does your roots, air pump and stone.
You can send in a ticket and ask support to check your ph and sensors.
Don’t worry too much I think this one will pull through.

4 Likes

@TommyEgan,

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent: (Congratulations): (:handshake:)

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :herb::seedling:(:eyes:)

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

((#ChampionGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#Ticket)): :ticket::tickets:(:point_down:)

https://support.grobo.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

https://support.grobo.io

--

((#SheIsLookingVeryHappy)): :smiley:

--

2 Likes

I’m waiting a couple of days to check without opening the door to see if me opening the door daily is what’s fudging it up. I’ll let you know if it’s made any progress the next time it alerts me to do a water change which should be soon. If nothing comes from that then I’ll probably start over again.

I open my door several times everyday to allow fresh air in and keep moisture down.
Its definitely not opening the door that is the problem.

1 Like

One Grobo is placed in a bedroom (bad idea because of the noise btw) which is a pretty standard bedroom. The other is in a living room with high ceilings and open space…

At the recommendation of someone I removed the leaves that looked horrible. It was time for a water change today so here’s a picture. I think there is new growth in comparison to the last picture but ehhhh.

2 Likes

Looks good! Keep us posted! :eyes::seedling:

2 Likes

Roger that

2 Likes

looks decent so far. Going to do some pruning. Looks like it’s surviving.

1 Like

Very nice! Looks so much better! Keep that lid down from here on out though so your roots don’t get mad at you, they hate light! :eyes::seedling:

That’s a big 10-4. It’s entering the 12/12 phase. Kind of way smaller than my other one was at this point but I’m still optimistic.

For future reference: If you haven’t passed the flower stage you can always hold it in flower once it reaches that stage until it grows half the size you wish it to end up!

2 Likes

kind of a little stuck here. I have a blue Cind going in another machine and it didn’t really flower evenly. I was hoping to help this one flower evenly by tying the top bud sites to the support racks and hoping to keep them all on an even level. However now when I look at it, it seems like there is a lot going on and maybe I should just prune and wait to see what happens. Any ideas?

1 Like

Looks good to me!
Use a scrogg!
You can nake them or order one.
Click here to see what I made mine from.

1 Like

I’ll try and see if I can get some way of applying that. Thanks.

1 Like

I just used magnetic hooks and dollar store shower curtain rings so that I could adjust easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Strong-Neodymium-Kitchen-Workplace/dp/B077PWX2ZS/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=48+lb+heavy+duty+Neodymium+colored+hooks&qid=1589154762&sr=8-10

2 Likes

Wicked. You’re one smooth operator

2 Likes

so the first two pictures are of my second grow( the original grow from this forum), and the third picture is of my first grow. It’s a blue Cindy on its last day. What should I be doing now? Like in terms of ending the cycle? Also how should I prepare my grobo for my next grow?

4 Likes