Introduce yourself

Thank you for your response.

Mary

1 Like

Hello to everyone, I have looked in almost every thing the forum has to offer. I just got the Grobo unit yesterday!!! Glad so many people are out there growing… Just waiting for my seeds to come to get started with my very first grow…

10 Likes

Welcome @Brian_S. I’m right behind you, waiting on my unit and reading everything I can! Hope to see your success in the near future!

6 Likes

I’m super excited for you guys! I wish you the best of luck on your grows. If you read everything on this forum or even half of the stuff you are already one step in the direction of success. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you ToddYYC for your reply.
Mary

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

My name is James in Illinois and I’m New to grobo, making my purchase today. I would consider myself a novice grower w/ experience both indoor and outdoors on relatively small scales (1-2 plants per season). Been shopping around for indoor kits and finally decided on Grobo over several others. Now that Illinois has legalized medical growing I intend to be ready.

I do have some questions and perhaps this not the correct section, but if ordered today how soon does my grobo ship? The details are sketchy some suggesting immediately others late sept delivery dates

Also, as this would be my first automated grow I am considering these seeds from a site mentioned in the seeds thread. Any thoughts on these or the company gyo seedbank?

3 Likes

If it’s basically a new grow, especially in hydro for you I would stick with a white widow strain, or a gorilla glue strain. Both are easy to grow and do well with beginners mistakes. Believe me hydro is a bit more involved than soil indoors or out. Make sure you place your unit in a cooler part of your abode. If you have a cellar, than that’s probably the best place. If not find a place that’s like 68-70 degrees F. This ensures your res water is cool enough to prevent rot rot and allows you to control heat and rh better. Also get at least two hygrometers. One for inside your unit and one for outside. This helps you calculate temp and rh that may need adjustment :+1::v:

6 Likes

Welcome James!
I am excited for you! A tip if you would, just remember to be patient when it comes to :truck: delivery. Grobo is still in their early stages of business and from what I can tell the momentum is getting better. I have read up on earlier production and have found a lot of great changes that keep Grobo propelling forward. I would think that there would be too many variables to pin point a true delivery but orders are still being filled regularly. I ordered a unit on the 11th of June so I will keep you posted on its eta if that would help any? Although we don’t live in the same state it could serve as possible time estimate. Kalamazoo MI isn’t too far from Illinois.

4 Likes

What’s good James,

I also live in Illinois. I ordered my grobo at the beginning of the month. Just got it last Tuesday. I havent set it up yet because I’m still waiting on the seeds I want to start in it. I got mine for the very reason you listed plus its always nice to have your own fresh buds. But it took about 22 days total once my payment was made in full. I also got the premium model a’ll because I wanted less wait time as possible. I am still waiting for my Grobo nutrients pack though.

4 Likes

Hey @Brian_S congratulations! Did you order extra nutrients or did they just ship them separate from the unit? I ordered extra nuts and received them fairly quick but I still have some days to wait before my unit is shipped out.

2 Likes

I did order extra nutrients once the Grobo arrived. But I still haven’t gotten the nuts that comes with the unit as they ship seperate from the unit itself. All those nutrients are scheduled to be delievered by this coming Wednesday

2 Likes

Hey Brian!

Good to see a fellow Illinoisian on here! Also an avid kayaker/fisherman if you ever want shoot the …

Got the premium model myself, extra nuets, cones and a set of magents. As you know, for medical card holders and the very few dispensaries currently in place by all accounts chances are these places will sell out Day one of legalization. Rather than be that guy waiting in line of my dispensary to restock, I figured I’d better get proactive.

Very excited!

5 Likes

@James,

((#Welcome)):

((#OhSoCute))… ((#LoveYourPortraitPhoto)):

--

:wave::wink:

2 Likes

Hey @Brian_S,

Looks like your nutes are out for delivery today. Whoot!

Cheers,
Stephen

7 Likes

I have to say for this to be an international product the delivery was faster than expected! Well under 30 days from the night my wife and I ordered. Gonna start my first grow in the coming days! @Stephen you guys did a fantastic job with your product design! Just so you know it was a review in the New York Times that finally lead to me purchasing. The growers community thats here is icing on the cake too! Thank you!

6 Likes

Hey @Brian_S,

Was not aware that the NYT had a review on Grobo. Any chance you can share it or a link?

Best,
Stephen

2 Likes

Sorry it wasnt the NYT it was a blog by some guy who contributes to the NYT… Can’t share the link but it was a pretty extensive read he even had his product graded after.

Look on the global and mail . com web site

2 Likes

Ah yes, Ian’s review in the Globe and mail. Roger roger!

Stephen

3 Likes

So I ordered extra nutrients and I hat along with the ph cleaning kit. However the box I got came damaged and my hat along with some of the content of the box is missing or damaged

Wouldn’t you contact the delivery company and complain too ? In canada its legal so no one really damages other peoples mail but I have heard this happening in the states. Sort of like the anti Tesla people.