Introduce yourself

Hello all,
Receiving my new Grobo One Monday, super excited to start growing. I’ve only had one successful plant w soil and sunlight. Currently have 4 in soil still in veg under leds. Saved some exciting seeds for grobo, hoping all goes well on first try. Have red around forum, looking forward to sharing and learning. Quick question if anyone or @Stephen can help out. Is there an option to grow a genetically unknown cannabis seed wether it be an indica, sativa, hybrid?Super stoked and thank you,
Mike

7 Likes

More than likely with a mystery seed best would be to choose generic hybrid recipe and as the plant grows the leaves should give you an idea which way it’s leaning towards that way if it leans indica or sativa then you can put in a support ticket and have them change the recipe or keep it where it is

5 Likes

Thanks @Wolf1

4 Likes

Welcome!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey @LtcTerps,

Welcome aboard! As you have already experienced, there are many super helpful growers here ready to share knowledge and assist when they can. @Wolf1 is right on by recommending the Hybrid Generic for any mystery/bag seed you have.

Cheers,
Stephen

5 Likes

Hi all,

After reading nearly every post in this forum and researching the options and alternatives, it became clear that I needed a grobo. :blush:

Getting ready to start growing now that it’s unboxed. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes!

Thanks

veg

12 Likes

@vegetato,

((#Welcome)):

:wave::wink:

3 Likes

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. Newbie. A week into my first grobo cycle. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Well hopefully you put your machine downstairs, if you do have an upstairs, and are able to have her on concrete or wood floor as opposed to carpet. Also make sure you have a hygrometer in the box and outside on top of box so you can adjust heat and rh as needed. Also if you have a ph meter, it will aid you incredibly. Lastly, I would highly recommend ph’ing your ro water yourself for the first few weeks as the machine adjusts ph every hour and you will get wild ph swings like everyone else. This will save you critical time as your plant won’t need recovery time from ph fking her up! Just giving you information I wished I’d had at the beginning!!! Also the reason for having her in a colder space with wood or concrete floor, is so your res water doesn’t get too warm. When that happens you get root rot. I just want you to understand, this machine is definitely not a set it and forget it type of thing. You have to check her at least a couple times a day min. :+1::v:

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t sugar coat shit and I don’t apologize for it either :+1::v::joy::scream::exploding_head:

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate it. My box is indeed in the basement. I was actually worried that that would be too cold and I’d have to move it upstairs. How would I go about checking and adjusting the heat? Haven’t found anything in the app that lets me adjust like that? Must be missing it.

1 Like

No you aren’t missing anything. The box does NOT control heat or rh. If it’s too cold in the basement, use a programmable heater. You’re shooting for about 78 degrees in the box so you can typically get away with 68-72 degrees outside the box, which is why I say get a hygrometer for both inside and outside.

The box doesn’t control heat? Thought that was a big part of what I paid 2k for :confused:

Nope. Nor can you see any data, which is why I said a ph pen is your frien, along with hygrometers, heater if and when you need one, a dehumidifier if and when you need one and possibly a humidifier if you need one, but being in a basement you probably won’t need a humidifier, but will probably need a dehumidifier during flower :+1::joy:

2 Likes

@kingm00re,

((#hygrometer)):

((#PHmeter)):

((#NewGroboForTheRich))… ((#Refrigerator)):

((#NotUsingAnyBells&Whisles)):

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::money_mouth_face::groboone::green_thumb:

2 Likes

Hi SilverGrobo,

Thanks for the detailed response. Finding it hard to believe I gotta buy my own sensors to monitor my $2000 Grobo that has its own sensors.

7 Likes

Agreed

4 Likes

I concur. We shouldn’t need to buy chillers either. There should be some type of temperature control.

2 Likes

Hey @kingm00re,

You don’t need to buy anything really. It’s an automated system that works well. If you have any plant concerns, email me at support@grobo.io and I’ll tell you what is happening. Or, buy your own sensors and try your hand at growing without all the automation.

Up to you my friend,
Stephen

3 Likes

That’s not entirely true. Fully automated gives people the impression that they put a seed in and the plant grows and dont have to do anything. Those of us who has been here awhile knows differently.

Entire plants have been lose due to ph , heat stress, and software issues. I’m not knocking grobo. I love my grobo but there are flaws. And until the flaws are fixed everyone should monitor their plants attentively.

2 Likes