Introduce yourself

That’s not entirely true. Fully automated gives people the impression that they put a seed in and the plant grows and dont have to do anything. Those of us who has been here awhile knows differently.

Entire plants have been lose due to ph , heat stress, and software issues. I’m not knocking grobo. I love my grobo but there are flaws. And until the flaws are fixed everyone should monitor their plants attentively.

2 Likes

Always open to feedback and improving. My point is if your plant is showing signs of stress, I can help. You don’t need to learn how to read pH/EC meters, spend extra cash and enter that whole world. I can translate for you from plant speak to data. We are building in more tools to replace me, thankfully. :wink:

Hugs,
Stephen

8 Likes

My point being is when most people read fully automated they dont go back and look to see if the plant is showing signs of stress until it’s too late. They believe u pop the seed in the pod and you come back when it’s ready to smoke.

I’m going to say both @Stephen and @Mcmanis are partially correct. With regards to automation, Stephen is correct in that it does dose nutes and ph automatically, it does monitor rh and temp automatically (but we have no access to this data), the fans and light work automatically through the system, and we can drain and fill with a touch of a button. Yes all pretty much automatically. Now where McManus is right is there are/have been issues with ph dosing causing wild swings in ph resulting in bottom leaves slowly dying and stressing the plant (which is why we need to monitor ph). Also issues with the air pump dying so people need to get a better air stone.

I think the real issue that needs to be addressed on the site is the importance of the environment one places their grobo in. A space that is relatively cool and has a somewhat stable rh then the machine will work better, but rh and temp need to be monitored and adjusted throughout the plants life cycle. Different stages take different values to grow at her optimum best. Grobo certainly does not do this so yes many of us need a humidifier and or dehumidifier, as well as a small heater at times. Some might just go with an air conditioner. I could go on, but while the box does automate many features it is not “fully” automated, and new growers need to understand the environment they intend to grow in so they can make informed decisions. Environmental factors have a great deal to do with a lot of the issues growers face here, but the grobo also has a number of shortcomings, and it’s fair share of mechanical hiccups.

13 Likes

I wish I could give you double hearts.

:hugs::star_struck::heart_eyes::blush:

4 Likes

Hey Stephen, that’s great and all, but many of us want to “learn”about this stuff. But more to the point, sometimes it’s that wait in time for a response, that does more damage to the plant than if we had said data ourselves. We wouldn’t then have to wait for a response. Don’t get me wrong, response is usually quick, but if you have an issue on a long weekend then, well we wait hope and pray, while being as stressed as our plants or even more so lol

5 Likes

Great feedback everyone, I’m listening!

Thanks for sharing,
Stephen

2 Likes

Listening is good. Responding is better. I submitted a ticket my ph is off again

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

6 Likes

Thanks guys. This has been incredibly helpful.

It was time to change my water on day 8 (even though my seed hasn’t germinated?), so I decided it was a good time to move the grobo upstairs (72F) from Basement (60-65F). Hopefully this helps get her started.

My assumption going in was that the box would be self contained, sealed & regulate temp & humidity. I’m sure it says somewhere it doesn’t, but I didn’t read that anywhere.

1 Like

This should be an easy one… is this plastic piece supposed go in grobo somewhere? Or just part of packaging? Didn’t see it in the setup instructions.

3 Likes

That’s the water guard

2 Likes

It goes in the far right corner

2 Likes

Honestly I’m just a little annoyed that the key feature that I sold myself on the grobo and was in the original commercial that was displayed on the website was an app that showed us data … that has not been given to us after all these years … very disappointing … I don’t mind the extra stuff I buy cuz I use it in my tents but damn how hard is it to deliver on that app we were originally promised … sometimes we go days without hearing from support and in turn hurts our plants which In turns hurts our pockets which is most important …

7 Likes

Yea can be very misleading

1 Like

Basement might be better. When she flowers humidity and heat builds up.

2 Likes

Ok, here is my 2 cents. No we don’t have access to all the data from the grobo sensors, Yes we have to watch our temps, yes we have to watch our humidity. Yes we have to watch our plants daily and make sure it’s ok.

Now as for the data I’m sure the grobo team has a big board with things that need to be done and I’m certain it’s on that list to be added as a feature. They are obviously prioritizing everything in order of importance ie: probe calibration which I just did before starting my new grow and it needed it according to the software. As for temp and RH… if the machine did that as well it would cost you 6000$ and it would be twice the size. Just watch your temps and humidity and adjust with heater/air conditioner/dehumidifier/humidifier.

As for watching your plant every day. Well isn’t that what you got into this hobby for. I love looking at my plant often and seeing how she is doing. And never stoping to learn new things and improving with each grow.

All I’m saying guys and girls, let’s have less hate and more love. Reading through all these post is a whole heap of negativity and complaints. Nothing is perfect but let’s appreciate what we have and roll with it.

12 Likes

@Stephane,

((#MoreLove)):

@kingm00re,

((#TY)) @Rich … ((#WaterSensorShield)):

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::green_thumb:

5 Likes

thanks!

@Stephane I dont think it would cost 6000 to add a chiller to it to regulate the temp. My chiller only cost 285. As I said before I’m not knocking grobo. I like my machine. I dont like my plants dying because the ph and ec meters not working properly. I don’t like having to buy a chiller when i just spent 2100 bux. It just request for future improvements.

1 Like