Ilgm strawberry kush

Revive stains everything :slight_smile: my grobo is clean I swear !

3 Likes

Just to be safe I took the small clear jar my little bit of big nugs and the second blue jar and laid the bud back out I know my first jar is dryer than the Sahara desert !

2 Likes

I clean my Grobo with alcohol it works good on most stains.

5 Likes

@Russel_Richardson @vegetato will a 130watt be okay for a 3x3 ? I’m doing a tent grow and want to know if that will be okay only want one plant or 2 nothing too much , just want to get potential out of the plant !

1 Like

I have :zero: tent experience my man lol. I just googled your question and it says 350 watts for a 3x3. :man_shrugging: Lol. I’m not the one to answer this, sorry lol

2 Likes

I think I’m going to go 2x2x6 I need to ask that one grobo champion @chris_barfield but yeah 140watt led not an off brand L cheapo will be coming in on tuesday , gorilla tent makes a 2x2 5,7 that I’m going to buy . Hopefully someone can give me some advice .

1 Like

Besides the spectrum itself (enough red/blue/full spectrum at the right times), the par efficacy is all that really matters. 140W might be a bit low for a 3x3 unless it’s a newer board. The simplest value to optimize for (or rule a light in/out by) is the uMol/J - you want that to be around or above 2.0.

Shoot over the model # that you purchased, can let you know what its value is if I see the manufacturer’s specs on the light.

Here’s a quick 'n dirty way to get a close approximation of what that value is, keeping in mind that the manufacturer’s specs aren’t always achievable in all cases (i.e. taken in best case scenario):

From that, it looks like this light I’m looking at is pretty good at 2’ distance but then drops off (to a lower value than we’d like) below that point.

The other angle to look at this by is the total distance of illumination (in addition to measuring from just top down in the very center), the same calculation can be used here (total drain in watts divided by uMol/s for uMol/J):

This example is from the grow light I chose for my 2x2. It dies off in the corners and past 2’ height fairly quickly, but I picked it for the triple dimmer switches (can change red/blue/white color individually) and got it for a good price.

1 Like

It might also help to mention that these are "ideal’ numbers, going much past that point requires additional tuning (co2, climate control, etc).

This is a fairly good read if you’re interested in some of the more technical details, and why 35W/sqft is about right for an average tent (so ~140W for 2x2 is probably fine to begin with and get some experience with the tent):

2 Likes

Will this due :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t look like a bad lamp (questionable/lower end maybe) but I am a bit skeptical on whether or not it’s enough for a 3x3. :thinking:

• the LEDs themselves are claimed to be samsung, so they should at least be of good quality; that’s important
  • the par values aren’t great, but also aren’t really horrible either; about average for the lower end lights – note their advertised readings are at 12" distance as opposed to the typical 24"
    • seems like it might be barely enough for a 2x2
  • the wifi mc and related circuitry is probably inflating that price a bit, i.e. $30-50 (or more) of the price is not in “the lights” themselves (it’s in the smart features)
    • that is bad in that when comparing this to a $99 light without those features there’s a good chance the other light has more “power” in general
    • the good thing about that is that you get an app to control the lights and that it has a temp and humidity sensor built-in, that’s pretty cool/useful

There aren’t many reviews of those lights online, I’m a bit curious how you found them?

If it’s just a single plant and you’re on top of adjusting the height it might do just fine. Really hard to say without testing it out or seeing more 3rd party reviews.

This was the info I looked at:

Key Features

• 【SUNLIKE Full Spectrum】 a full-cycle spectrum highly match with McCree curve (the action spectrum of photosynthesis) that optimizes the harvest (expect boosting of 30% of yield)
  • 【SAMSUNG Chip LEDs】 Samsung 3500K LEDs provide ultra-high intensity WHITE light increase canopy light penetration. Enriched the spectrum with an extra 660nm RED light to promote flowering and fruit production
  • 【SMART App】 Turn grow light ON/OFF remotely; Adjust Brightness (25% / 50% / 75% / 100%); Select Modes (VEG / BLOOM / FULL); Set Time Schedules; Voice Control (Compatible with Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant)
  • 【REAL-TIME Temp + Humidity】 Built-in with temperature and humidity sensor, in-App real-time monitoring graph and alerts will be sent to the user when temperature or humidity inside the tent beyond the threshold limit
  • 【EASY Setup at home】 Easy setup with hanging-kit, idle for indoor growing tent (2"x2" for 4 medium pots, 3"x3" for 4 large pots). Low power consumption LEDs (actual operation power 240W) and dimmable, significantly reduce your electricity bill compared to MH or HPS lamps

Specifications:

• LED: 221 pcs LEDs (Samsung 3500K White LEDs, 660nm Red LEDs)
  • Real Power: 130W (+/-5%), Replace 1200w HPS
  • PPFD: >700 μmol/m²/s at height of 12", hanging inside a 2’ x 2’ grow tent
  • Lifespan: >50,000 hrs
  • Core Coverage: 2’ x 2’ tent (Max: 3’ x 3’)
  • Input Voltage: AC100-240V, 50-60HZ
  • Decibel Value: <54dB
  • Working Temperature: 50°F-113°F, Humidity: ≤90%RH
  • Measurement: 12.2" x 8.5" x 2.4", Weight: 5.07lbs
  • Product Dimension: 12.2" x 8.5" x 2.4" (310 x 215 x 60 mm)
  • Product Weight: 5.4lbs (2.45kgs)
  • Integrated myLumii App for grow lights and other devices (support Apple iOS, Google Android)
  • Warranty: 2 years
1 Like

I ordered the 2x2 x 5,7 from gorilla tent . It says 140 watts , I hope everything works out ! But that was the point of getting the light to control it by the app like grobo . I’m excited found this light a long time ago , I just hope it works like you said !

But I’m only growing one plant . That’s I want:)

Just a good size mother

1 Like

Can you help me out with tent ventilation, my room stays at 70 , ? Can I just leave the vent holes open , the grobo stays nice and cold :slight_smile: my water temp is always 69 at night high of 73 during the day . If I need to get one I will but I want to know your opinion because it’s a small setup like we discussed .

Might at least want to get a fan to keep fresh air moving through the tent with something like this ($20-30 range):

I’d check the size of the ports on the tent and get one that fits snug into the pocket.

That keeps the air from getting too stale and should help to evacuate some of the hot air the light generates.

If you care about smell run it through a carbon filter but that adds cost/complexity, easier not to.

Also is it going to be soil/coco or hydro? Soil will tolerate higher temps.

Besides that should also get a little fan to circulate the air in the middle/lower section of tent.

2 Likes

Soil is what I’ll be using from fox farm

1 Like

Does it go off of inches?? Can you tell me what size I need the info is above sorry for the stupid questions , never have I ever lol that’s what this is , but I got to start somewhere , but @vegetato you’ve been a splendid help , with all the info from the ibs to the grobo , to the grow tent , I’m very happy to have someone responsive and willing to see things work for other people. If there is ever anything I can do to lend you a hand my friend let me know !

1 Like

Based on that the (5x) ducting ports are 11" in diameter, so you might need to hang the fan just inside the tent and run a bit of duct through the hole.

Some tents have smaller ports that the fan can squeeze right into; my tent has a 4" duct hole so a 4" fan fits snug/tight on its own.

If you care about the smell you can always add a carbon filter before or after the fan in the future.

1 Like

Can you give me light hours for regular plants ? Not autos that grow light is coming in but sadly I had to order the kind led for 400$ , the 300 watt in a 2x2x5 , veg is 12 hours ? And how much of darkness and then bud is how long and how long in the light ?