Ilgm strawberry kush

Got my grobo today just started , ph is reading at 8.0 , water temp is 70 … so far so good day 1 of germination.

8 Likes

If I can make a suggestion? Your unit is really close to the wall and it needs to be able to breath & circulate fresh air and also release hot air, maybe pull it away from the wall a bit or kiddy corner it like my unit. Also your hydrometer shouldn’t be so close to the light, it could alter the temp reading. Just suggestions, looking forward to watching you grow!

4 Likes

What platinum said, also ph of 8.0 is waaaayyyyy too high. You should be shooting for 6.1/6.2. Stick that hygrometer behind and just above your plant and you’ll get better readings of how she’s feeling :+1::v::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I did put recharge in it ,

1 Like

How do I get it to stay consistent on where I want it ?

1 Like

Before you fill, add your recharge and any other additives into a 5 gal bucket, then ph it manually to 6.1-6.2 so your plant will be able to uptake cal/mag and then do your fill. Your system will then adjust as required, and this will help reduce the amount of bottles 1 + 2 being dosed. Hope that helps. If still unsure, dm me :joy::joy::+1::v:

6 Likes

I put the ph 7 solution it , the resivor is already filled with recharge and water . Do I need to put the ph 4 solution?

Hey @Ray2nasty. I’m no expert but I think the 7 and 4 solution are for calibrating. You’re going to want ph up and down to manually ph. I have 17% and it only takes a few drops to bring my water from 8 down to 6. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Also not sure if you put it in but the clear plastic piece by your hydroguard goes in the back right corner of the res to keep the roots out of the drain and fill tubes

1 Like

10 4 , the only problem I am having is my fans aren’t on during germination , and my water temp is 72.6

Your fans don’t come on in germination. The first/lower fan will come on day 10 and the other around day 21 or so.
And yes you have calibration solution in your tank and 4 & 7 are used to calibrate your probe.
In order to keep water between 68 -70 you will need to control the outside environment with a air conditioner or turn your heat down in the house, start your drain and fills with colder water etc…
You need to use a ph sensor such as blue lab to ph your water before adding it to the reservoir.
Post asap if you run into any problems so everybody can weigh in and get you back on your feet.

2 Likes

Water temp is 72 , my room is plenty cool , I’m going to go get ph up and down as we speak , what can I do as for the water temp ?

You don’t have to waist the money, up and down is usually reserved for tent grows and I’m not sure if it will effect the grobo mechanics but if you simply drain and fill and this time use colder water and no probe solution, ph the water after your additives like @Osage has taught us and you should be ok.
Keep reading more post until you get the hang of how the machine operates, it can be real simple or real complicated depending on how many additives you use.

2 Likes

I’ll drain and refill , so the water temp will be okay ? Just keep an eye on it ?

1 Like

Yes and I’m on here every single day so I will be :eyes: too!
Remember grobo grows best until the consumer makes a mess!!! I’m sure @Stephen would agree!
Make sure you get all the water out and dry with a paper towel or rag just incase you have probe solution residue.
Have you put that clear guard back on like @Flyers28 suggested?
Yes keep an eye on the water temp and if it consistently reaches 72.0 like mine always does you may need to add a inside fan in the early veg stage. And adjust your environment, but pulling it away from the wall should help a bit and if you have a ceiling fan and can keep the door open most of the time for fresh air that also helps. Some other allgrowers may be able to help with this issue. I use hydroguard because I have the same issue.

Ph reading 6.7 water temp is 71 f , the unit is away from the wall with a fan blowing in side and I have one outside .

1 Like

3 Likes

Day 2 of germination , any advice ?

1 Like

Lower your hydrometer for a true reading.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:thank you

1 Like