Ilgm strawberry kush

Well I’m for sure no expert when it comes to curing lol but thanks hahaha. I’m assuming you don’t have a small hygrometer to put in the jar, which is fine (I don’t use one) but means you just have to really pay attention to the moisture and maybe be a little more hands on. Seeing as you cut the buds off the stems already your gonna have to do sort of a squeeze test. I hang mine in a dark place and try to not expose them to light (it can degrade the thc, which is why curing is done in amber or dark containers usually) and do a bend where a bud is. If it snaps but not completely I’ll cut them off and jar them, if it just bends like a soft branch it needs more time. But for you it’ll be a little harder to tell, the outside of your buds will seem dry but the inside might not be. You can always add moisture to the jar keep in mind but if it’s too wet going in the jar you’re going to run the risk of mold occuring and you’ll wreck the jar.
Now to add moisture I just use boveda or integra 2way humidi-packs. 2 way is great because if it gets over 62% humidity it will draw some away if able. That really the optimal RH you want in the jar. So if you don’t use those, which some people don’t like to, I would recommend getting a small hygrometer off of Amazon or something and put it in the jar with the flower. If its under the 62 then I would just wet a piece of paper towel and put it in but find a way so that it doesn’t touch the flower or it might stick to it. Could find a way to fix it to the lid or just drape or over the opening and close the lid onto it. That you have to watch though cause it won’t stop raising the RH. You also want a jar that’s a good size for that you have. You want the jar to be no more than 3/4 full and I would say no less than half from my experiences.

I don’t see the 2 grams you got curing properly but it could. Like I said I keep mine sealed and in the dark. I burp my jars once a day (about 20 mins with the lid off) for a month, this is key for the air exchange, letting the plant release the remaining chlorophyll and allowing the inner terpenes to develop and come out into the plant. Then the second month I try and do it every other day. But that’s why I like the 2way humidi-packs because I’ve forgotten a couple times to put the lid back for maybe a couple hours lol…so once the lid goes back on it goes right back to that 62% and not worried about having to dial that back in. If you do go that route the size of the pack is key as well, they offer various sizes. I don’t go any bigger than the 8gram ones but I tend to use the 4gram ones. I usually have a variety of flower and concentrates to keep me occupied and from not smoking it all before a good cure. Not sure if I missed anything sorry for the length lol. If I think of anything else I’ll add it or someone else can add to it too!:+1:

Edit: I also spin the jars around until the buds start to move to rotate them around a bit after I close the lid from burping, just what I do :man_shrugging: lol

4 Likes

Awesome! I did buy 2 way humidity packs because yall told me in the start . How hard will I need to squeeze and what exactly am I feeling for , I’ve heard of the stem snapping trick before I just want to make sure I get this right I will post pics asap

1 Like

2 Likes

@Russel_Richardson you want me to throw one of the packets into the jar ?

1 Like

Oh okay well you have some stems there to tell so you’ll be okay. I thought you cut them off every stem my bad. So yeah just use that trick before jarring. Dry time will all depend on your environment, rh/temps. The jar is too big for that amount, I would really worry about it just leave it and add it to what you’re drying. It’ll rehydrate once you have everything together. Just keep it in a cool dark place and only open it once a day no more unless you need to allow for some humidity to escape. Like it’s really easy to add moisture but if a lot is present you run the risk of mold. You’ll know when you start to get an ammonia type smell, doesn’t smell good lol

2 Likes

10 4 :wink:

1 Like

@Russel_Richardson

2 Likes

Germinated an auto a day ago , she was ready when I woke up from my nap :slight_smile: I will be doing alot of observing on this since I know lst is impossible with autos , any tip to make her grow bigger ?

1 Like

I’ve zerooo experience with autos, @vegetato is the Grobo auto guru ATM lol going on 7-8 now? I’ve lost count lol

2 Likes

@vegetato help us out :wink: any advice!!

@vegetato I read up on all you’re stuff and as you say you never wanna stress an auto out to much and end up losing yeild , my real question is how many time should I top / fim ? And on you’re jack , you did more than topping and I know just how you did just will it be safe ? Or should I fim my first auto if that’s okay than top the next one ? And if that’s okay do what you did to your jack ?

I personally think topping an auto once is enough. The trick is really just to minimize the stress as much as possible so the growth doesn’t slow down much if at all (aim to avoid or minimize any recovery time). Also, if anything goes wrong it really helps to not add to that with extra recovery time. :wink:

The autos will basically follow their own schedule and start flowering regardless of whether or not you think it’s ready to. If they are topped too much they might start flowering before regaining full strength which is where the yield starts to suffer (and continues throughout rest of grow). Pretty much any stress is undesirable, but a small surgical strike (top/fim/decap/whatever) at the right time should go relatively smooth. When I do it early on I don’t even notice any recovery time.

To sum up most of my current SOP for autos:

• only top once, and do it asap before the center shoot gets too far ahead of the others; on my recent jack herer grow you can see how the other shoots shot up in unison and pretty much stayed level on thier own
  • try to align the grobo schedule with what you see in the plant, if you see hairs you should be entering transition, if the buds are starting to develop you should be entering flowering etc. hold it back or move it forward accordingly
  • I sort of follow @Stephen’s advice for lollipopping: to leave about a foot of canopy remaining; I wait until there will be a foot of canopy left before going in to clean up the bottom.
  • tuck often! rather than snipping leaves right off just tuck them under the bud sites you want to get the light
  • during flower period I slowly prune some of the larger/stretchier leaves and do it “counting down by fingers”. what that means is I will never take a 3-finger or 1-finger leaf if there are leaves with 5 fingers left, always take from the oldest as they’re typically the ones getting in the way of the light

That’s just from memory, will update this if I can think of anything else to add. :green_book:

4 Likes

That’s perfect! I can tell by you’re stuff that you’re a pro ! Advice is always the key I always will be here listening , I will post the auto for you once she starts ! They didnt have the recipe but I’m using Phoenix seeds ! This one actually !

1 Like

I’m a picky guy when it comes to my cannabis strains ! And even tho it was an auto I thought it looked just perfect for me :wink: so I bought the last 10 pack , and will be doing them back to back .

1 Like

Nice pick on the seeds. That strain looks like a good combo.

3 Likes

@vegetato @Russel_Richardson I put the bud into jars today , my room stays at 70 , with a more than large fan blowing because I like the cold with my ibs . But the buds are dry I gave them a squeeze and it was a crunch . So I decided to jar them up , I did do the stem test and about 80% snapped .

7 Likes

@vegetato shine you’re light on me man wish me good luck my first auto popped up today ! Good and growing strong !

2 Likes

Lookin’ good! I never quite get the temps/humidity right when curing but it still turns out pretty good.

Would have to say it’s easier to get it right if it’s a bit too dry than if it’s too wet – I’ve had jars go bad (mold, ammonia smell, rot, you name it I’ve seen it) from being too wet but it’ll just be a bit harsh from being too dry; at least one is still usable!

Follow what Russ said for burping (allowing humidity to escape/vent) daily and it should turn out fine. :green_thumb:

2 Likes

Curring: properly dry before curring.
Cure for 2 - several months.
Open mason jars 30 min 2xday for first week then daily for a week.
After 2 weeks open less frequently but continue to store in a jar.
If it gets moist add Boveda packs to reduce humidity.
If too dry add Boveda to add humidity (two way pack).
Best placed in a cool, dry, dark place.
Harvest can be stored in this manner for 5 yrs or longer provided no moisture causes mold issues, if so its not healthy to smoke.

4 Likes

Awesome!! Here she is ready to rock

4 Likes