I need your thoughts

I have a fantasmo express seed it was stuck in the seed hat. Then it was stuck in the membrane. Now the leaves are finally opening but they are dying at the same time. The true leaves are really small. This plant is 7 days from the seed. Should I just wait to see what its gonna do or start germinating another seed.

2 Likes

I would give it a chance! I just popped one myself and it looked brown like it suffocated before I wet and pulled the seed hat off. Next two days I was pleased to see green :maple_leaf:.

4 Likes

Those big dorky looking ear leaves will always die off relatively quickly. They are only meant to start the plant

2 Likes

The seedling looks perfect to me … give it time

1 Like

I was just concerned shes growing way slower than my Durban poison that is 3 times the size. Germed at the same time.

1 Like

Not every seed is going to grow fast the only time you get copycat growth is when you grow from clone … think about none of our kids grow or look the same … same thing with each seed

5 Likes

@Mcmanis,

I hope she makes it: Sadly she looks like it is starving for something: The obvious is the leaves are dying off: Is the root touching anything?: Those stones look quite large to me and seem that they can’t touch the seedling root at all: (Look at the space in between them) maybe she is hovering in the air:

((#ItIsAlive)): :innocent:

((#IWillWatchYouGrow)): :eyes:
--
:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart::baby:

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

She is recovering well: :smiley:

((#CompletelyAgree)): :green_thumb:

--

((#PositivelyLoveThis)): :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

--

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

--

2 Likes

Those are the smallest clay pebbles made. I just zoomed in. No roots yet only 7 days old. As I stated before she was stuck in the seed hat. Shes grown a bit since that pic. Will post later.

3 Likes

It’s trying to grow but these first leaves are ugly.

3 Likes

Looks good to me. The first 2 leaves of almost ANY seed bearing plant have something similar. They just help her up and then the famous cannabis leaves take over

2 Likes

My first time seeing them (first leaves) turn white, have you seen that happen before? It didn’t get any whiter as it got bigger though, maybe just the trauma form the seed :rescue_worker_helmet: hat? I knew she would make it though, she has a good mother!

2 Likes

Cull it…who has time for Any plants with slow growth or irregular growth I’d pop another seed and not waste my time honestly but I know you don’t like buying seeds so … if I were I’d grow from clone … you can buy clones in your state legally save all the headache

1 Like

I dont mind buying seeds. I have tons of seeds. I like growing from a seed. It makes me feel like I did something. Not a fan of clones. I’ll start a new seed. My other plant is doing great.

4 Likes

Chuck the other nobody has time to wait for it to POSsibly fix itself

2 Likes

Those of you that know me, know I’m no quitter. I let the deformed plant continue and shes still small but getting better. I just want to see what happens. Day 19 of veg.

Fantasmo Express

2 Likes

Durban Poison
Day 19 veg

4 Likes

Does anyone

know what this is? The little streaks. There are no bugs the ph is 5.8 water 66f lights 30in away

3 Likes

Day 3 Dark Purple Auto

2 Likes

That looks like ph fluctuation … also could be thrips

1 Like

Thrip looks more blotchy to me but Chris has a point.

Well septoria spots are light colored but their round, so I don’t think its that.

In iron deficiency the new growth gets brighter, so we may have a winner.

Although its rare for cannabis to have mosaic virus it does resemble it a bit.

MY VOTE… High PH ( also what @chris_barfield suggested.

2 Likes