I have a problem

Yes it is. I’ve only had it for 6mos. My problem is something came undone and I couldn’t fix it because my plant was in the way.

1 Like

Hey @Mcmanis,

So to be clear, it’s your EC that spiked, not your pH. By design, when your EC is too high, the system stops wasting pH and does not adjust any more. Kinda like trying to turn down the AC when your house is on fire.

I’ve identified one of your water level sensors is not reporting and this is preventing the unit from dosing food. Each sensor should be able to rise and fall easily when the water rises and falls. In your case, the drain hose does not seem to be low enough to pull the required water out, allowing the bottom one to fall. It’s an easy fix, simply push the drain hose to the bottom of the tank. You will have about an inch of water left after a drain, but the bottom water level sensor should drop.

Let me know how the repair goes this weekend, having to hand dose is not what we want you to have to do.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

So I understand @Stephen with the elevated EC the pH most likely was out of whack as well since the EC raised/lowered pH and as you explained no more pH adjustment?

I’m using Grobo automation I’m just trying to understand the logic. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey @Azuri,

You got it. pH moves much slower in elevated EC levels. No need to dump your whole bottle in when it won’t help at that point.

Stephen

4 Likes