I have a problem

One reason besides what Chris mentions, is one might want to add beneficial bacteria, and fungi, not to mention root boosters, scilica for stock enhancement in order to allow the plant to better uptake nutes, and bud enhancers etc. there are loads of different additives that would, when done correctly, add wonders to your grow. :+1::v::joy:

2 Likes

I got my official diagnosis. The ph has been spiking and that stressed her out. I dont think shes gonna make it she is wilted like 3month old flowers. Barely standing at all shes on plain distilled water no nothing else I’m gonna give her til the end of the week before I pull the plug.

Ugh, that sucks. Is the Grobo monitoring your pH via the built in probe/sensor or do you monitor and adjust as required? I know your system doesn’t dispense nutes but pretty sure Grobo constantly checks pH. Have you also performed the new probe calibration built into the app?

1 Like

My entire system is jacked. The ph and nutes dont get dispensed. Everything if off. I only know the ph when I submit a support ticket. That why I think it would good if we got a notification about ph or something especially if the system is down. I had been checking it but the last week I slacked off and didn’t do it. I thought she was fine. Shes so close to the end. If it does die can she still be smoked??? Lol

2 Likes

@Mcmanis,

You are good enough to save her yourself and do what @chris_barfield does in this thread:

I couldn’t do it, but you’re smart enough to… :thinking::wink::scream::worried: :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Were you not using the advanced nutrients sensi grow?

I’m sure your smart enough too :woman_student:

1 Like

Yes. I’m using sensi grow. But something went wrong. This grow is cursed. I’m sad but I’m ok. @Stephen said if shes gonna make it I’ll know in a couple of days.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter that grobo checks the ph if your system is not dispensing. It keeps going off line. I have to clean her and put everything back together. Something happened on the way to heaven. I was just to far along to fix it. It’s a learning experience. My first grow and all. The next will be better. My other plants are almost ready to flip.

2 Likes

Do you think shes still smokable??

NO! Do not smoke her! Discard what’s left.

It took forever to cut her out. The stalk was so thick. and the roots were completely wrapped around the hoses I had to cut them in sections. It was crazy. I’m gonna start cleaning now. Maybe start my grow this weekend

2 Likes

Did you get your nutrient/pH dispensing issues with your unit resolved for your next grow? Happy Growing :seedling:

2 Likes

You could do it, and would, if that was your best option. We all have to do things in a grow that might be different from what others might have to do. There are so many variables, that generalizations don’t help us. Understanding the root causes of different issues does however. It’s not about being smart enough, it’s about researching how the best of the best do it and emulating them until you come into your own!! :+1::v::kissing_heart: Not to mention, knowing and understanding the environment you’re growing in. Peace to all.

2 Likes

My husband is gonna fix that this weekend. It’s just the hoses. They ar ed not draining all the way. Stephen said that should fix it. I’m gonna redo everything like a fresh setup

2 Likes

Is your grobo not under warranty?

Yes it is. I’ve only had it for 6mos. My problem is something came undone and I couldn’t fix it because my plant was in the way.

1 Like

Hey @Mcmanis,

So to be clear, it’s your EC that spiked, not your pH. By design, when your EC is too high, the system stops wasting pH and does not adjust any more. Kinda like trying to turn down the AC when your house is on fire.

I’ve identified one of your water level sensors is not reporting and this is preventing the unit from dosing food. Each sensor should be able to rise and fall easily when the water rises and falls. In your case, the drain hose does not seem to be low enough to pull the required water out, allowing the bottom one to fall. It’s an easy fix, simply push the drain hose to the bottom of the tank. You will have about an inch of water left after a drain, but the bottom water level sensor should drop.

Let me know how the repair goes this weekend, having to hand dose is not what we want you to have to do.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

So I understand @Stephen with the elevated EC the pH most likely was out of whack as well since the EC raised/lowered pH and as you explained no more pH adjustment?

I’m using Grobo automation I’m just trying to understand the logic. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey @Azuri,

You got it. pH moves much slower in elevated EC levels. No need to dump your whole bottle in when it won’t help at that point.

Stephen

4 Likes