Hygrometer with wire ( in/out temperature )

Can you submerge the wire attached to the hygrometer to the water reservoir to find the temperature of the water? Or is it not intended to be used that way, hence damaging it?

1 Like

This is the hygrometer I’m talking about.

Neoteck Digital Thermometer 2 in 1 Hygrometer Temperature Meter Accuracy Temperature & Humidity with Large LCD Display 1.5m Sensor Wire Manage Air Condition for Indoor Outdoor Use Amazon.com: Neoteck 3 in 1 Thermometer Hygrometer with Clock Large LCD Display, Digital Humidity Temperature Meter 1.5m Sensor Wire for Indoor Outdoor Use: Home & Kitchen

1 Like

That probe isn’t meant for that, but you can waterproof it with silicone and it should work.

1 Like

@lyrix010,

(If this is waterproof then you are good to go): (@Bplatinum9 uses this one): :green_thumb:

--

(WaterProofThermometer): :droplet::sweat_drops:

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Aquarium-Thermometer-Terrarium-Temperature/dp/B07T887H59/ref=sr_1_5?crid=17OXIRZCFL2WP&dchild=1&keywords=water+temperature+thermometer&qid=1587717475&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=water+tempera%2Cpets%2C159&sr=1-5

--

3 Likes

I bought these too, but the entire metal coating disintegrated from being in the water so they should probably be coated as well.

1 Like

Perfect I’ll check it out @Hellyesshedid

Also if you coat it with silicon, doesn’t that give you an inaccurate reading afterwards?

1 Like

Nope