I do believe so, but would enjoy learning of others’ experience with it as well. @Mpower11 and @dukz009, did either of you get any insight from your trials?
In my most recent (completed) grow root rot was noticed about 31 days in. I had been using hydroguard up until this point but the bottle was nearing 7 months old. We had some warmer days and my AC was in need of a cleaning (which has been done) but the hydroguard must’ve expired or something because it didn’t keep the root rot away:
So that’s when I switched to Dr Marijane (the plan was to do that when hydroguard ran out) and then observed the results from using that.
2 days later it didn’t appear to be going away, but the roots still seemed to be growing:
Another 3 days later, still no better so I did another drain/fill with an even stronger concentration of Dr. Marijane (twice as much, a double-dose):
1 week after the increased dosage of Dr Marijane and the roots looked almost perfect:
The thing to note here is that usually I’d take the plant out (placing the roots in a bucket of water, also cleaning all the slime off of them) and then clean the reservoir as much as possible to increase the chances of success. But, I was curious to see just how well this stuff worked; so I didn’t do any cleaning. If this result can be repeated then I’ll probably be sticking with Dr Marijane for quite some time to come.
I used Dr Marijane continuously until the end, this is what the roots looked like after the chop:
My reservoir hit 74-75°F numerous times after that until I finally disassembled and cleaned the fuzz off of the AC condenser coil, so I do believe the Dr Marijane made the difference.
Here’s the original thread those pics came from: 7th grow - King Tut - HARVESTED - #4 by vegetato - Share Your Grow - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more
So far it does seem to be working, though this is only a single trial (in two units) and I do have a method to drop my reservoir temperature most of the time (air conditioner) so that might be relevant to add. After checking notes I also noticed that when the root rot happened I used 20mL and doubled up to 40mL but then went down to 12mL afterward. So if you’ve got root rot go ahead and use more than 12mL, it might help!