Hmm nutrient burn

Hey Chris got a question for you. So I realized that I’m using my reservoir wrong (It works) and was wondering if I set it up like it’s supposed to and I’m feeding 2 plants, I still have the reservoir that fills up with water as well. So how do I account for the extra water in reservoir while only feeding 2 plants?

I’m thinking that if I treat the reservoir as another plant then instead of let’s say 25ml I use for one plant then I would use 75ml to account for other liquid in tank? Plus the other plant

Cool I’ll do that. I’ll reach out to that guy as well! I asked Chris but I think you have to treat the reservoir like another plant to account for extra water🤔

1 Like

My bad you guys didn’t at me so I don’t see this … I’m not sure I’m understanding your question?

Your in dwc? Or coco? If I remember dwc? And when you say reservoir you mean a stand alone reservoir that holds your water or the res meaning your dwc bucket?

Hey Chris, yeah so I have a DWC but the reservoir just transfers the water to buckets and I have pumps in the plant buckets to remove water. So I’m going to setup a recirculating system the way it’s supposed to be and wondering if you have 2 plants and a reservoir, do you treat the reservoir like another plant when it comes to nutrients to account for the extra water?

1 Like

Yes or else’s you won’t be feeding the same ppm if I understand everything correctly

@Steve the nutrient ratio solely depends on how much water is in your system. Doesn’t matter how many plants are growing so long as there is the proper amount of nutrient solution (Water+nutrients+additives) to support the system. More plants/bigger system = more water, nutrients, and additives. Thus if the new setup requires more water, implement the proper amount of nutrients and additives for this higher amount of water.

1 Like

So if I have 10 gallons of water and the nutes say 5ml per gallon, I would just give it 50ml.

1 Like

Correct

Temperature and having a pump is actually key to DWC. I just been using stand alone buckets but that’s impossible to monitor things and no current as well. Seems like if I have this system going the way it should then I probably won’t get that biofilm crap build up or have to worry about root health and have optimal conditions for plant growth. Why I have I not been doing this?
One last thing!! My grow room is in half of a storage closet. Is it safe to run a water chiller in a small space?

1 Like

Yes, it’s just like running a mini refrigerator.

Thanks for all your help man! May your grows be plentiful :sunglasses::guitar:

2 Likes

No problem bud, same to you :call_me_hand:

Hey on the flip side to my plant. If it goes soon I’m going to put both my lights on my other plant and see what that becomes. I already super croped the thing and this is first grow with 2 visparspectrum 600w leds is we shall see what she becomes?

Oh no! Checked on my plant this morning and I noticed that the leaves are sagging on good plant!? Air temp is fine and I’ve been doing the same thing as always? Hydro guard is in as well? What’s going on? Is my bad plant affecting good one?

3 Likes

Give us your environment specs-
Ec, PH, additives, nutrient line , temp, RH

2 Likes