Hmm nutrient burn

• ((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

• (So Sorry This Happened): :astonished:

• (#ISearchedIt): :spider_web: :computer: :computer_mouse:

• (Copper Deficiency):

--

1 Like

Wow she’s looking hit! So bought hydroguard this morning and added it to plain ph leveled water and did a water change. So you think she’ll make it? The pot she’s in smells like a septic tank! So if she doesn’t I was wondering if I can smoke the little or barely buds that look a little frosty? Are they bad now? Is it even worth it? I was told no they should be ok but a second opinion is nice. I also did some maintenance on other plant and super cropped it and pulled it down just in case. So here are some updates pics.

By the way I was thinking about how this happened and what can I do differently with my system to prevent this again, but if I just add this all the way through than this should take care of this issue right?

1 Like

Hydroguard will definitely help, what is your water temp like? Are you running a chiller? (This is DWC correct? Haha)

No water chiller but I use reverse osmosis water and put the ph at 5.5 because it was jumping so much in grow bucket. The water goes in cold and basement stay around 77.

Yes on DWC

I would imagine the high water temp probably played a big factor in this (ideally you want to keep water temp below 72) Do some research on chillers, I think you would benefit greatly by adding one to your system (you may have to make some changes to your system if you wish to only use one chiller). If you haven’t done so already, I would start dosing your other plant with hydroguard immediately.

I do another water change on Monday and I already topped off with ph water yesterday. Should I just put a few drops directly in bucket?

Do I need a water chiller for both or is there one you recommend?

Wow, thank you for advice on water chiller. Yeah don’t have one and just a few articles show the benefits. So I’ll look into that and I’m sure that will help to. So then I should ask if I’m putting a chiller,pump,aerorater into a bucket then should I use a 5 gallon? Seems like a lot for a 3.5 bucket

Holy balls these chillers are expensive

1 Like

Yes, would recommend an external reservoir set up for your buckets if you want to stick with DWC, this way you will only need one chiller as they are quite pricey. I really like the active aqua chiller. Just add hydroguard at your next water change.

Thanks for your help. One last question for you? You think my plant will make it?

1 Like

Full disclosure I’m new to growing and I have only grown in Grobo. That said I have done a ridiculous amount of research as I have been stuck at home operating my company remotely due to Covid. (Turns out when I’m at the office there is a lot of fooling around as I can typically wrap up the bulk of my work by lunch each day when working from home :joy:)

I think things happen very fast when growing in DWC system. This goes both ways, things get worse quick, things get better quick (if they get better). I would follow exactly what @chris_barfield has instructed you to do. If there is anyone who could get you through this here, it is him. In my novice opinion, I think it will take more than hydroguard to save your plant as it is more of a preventative measure than a reactive measure. Do what ever it takes to sanitize your system and roots, and start over on building a healthy reservoir with Hydroguard and Revive (or another similar supplement that Chris recommends). I hope she pulls through. Such a beautiful plant!

1 Like

Thanks again for your help! :+1::sunglasses: I now realize I have had my shit setup wrong but I know what to do now! It works but buckets are separated and I just use reservoir to put new liquid in and that’s it. Then I got pumps I just plug in that are at bottom of bucket to remove for water changes.

1 Like

I did it this way because if I lose one I don’t lose them both. I see that if I use the reservoir how your supposed to then it’s a lot easier to monitor and change things up.

1 Like

Correct on all counts. Definitely easier to maintain and control one system. That said, in this case you would have had both plants damaged. Check this video out:

I used this guy to set mine up with Grobo, awesome dude very helpful and prices are fair.

2 Likes

Actually I lied I have one more question. So If I use the Reservoir how it’s supposed to then while I’ll be feeding 2 plants how do I account for the reservoir filling up as well when it comes to the nutrients and extra water?

That’s a Chris question, I don’t want to misspeak as I have some ideas but have never operated one myself.

Cool thanks

You could also contact someone at your local hydro shop or the guy in that video I just sent the link to.