Help with my first grow - granddaddy purple

Do you top the water off every other day? Probably why it drained so quick and took so long to fill, it was low or empty. I am filling every day now and only a little further on than you are. That happens sometimes with fills or you have to try to start it a few times or it stops and still runs a little. Let it go until it stops itself, it will eventually.

3 Likes

Oh really? That makes sense then!

I checked underneath and the root system is vast now (also very healthy) so clearly she is just drinking a lot.

Excited for transition tho, although nervous about running out of height after stretch! Am I right to expect roughly a 50% increase in height?

2 Likes

Yes, make sure to try to do a fill every other day soon if not now. Mine is already needing a lot every day. I just leave a bucket next to it to make it easier.

It will jump in size very quickly. I think once mine got going, 3-4 inches once in a day or so. It can out grow the box, sometimes down the road, you might need to put strings or wires in to try to keep it down if it gets so big.

4 Likes

Awesome man. :sunglasses::+1:t2:Looks great. Yeah Same here @Willcol1 @TheDogMan I did the exact same. Thanks for the recommendation dogman. Just throw the hose in my gallon jug every two days. Fills about half to three quarter gallon. Works great.

3 Likes

So after reading about your connection issues. Here’s what happens to me and what solved it for me. When I go to do a fill. Tells me no connection but my blue light is still slowly blinking though. So I just pull down the page to refresh and it’s fine. I don’t know if you have similar or different issues. Also when I go to settings and click about and WiFi says no connection or update. Again pull down to refresh. Mine goes normal. Hope this helps. I’m going to tag @Todd.grobo and see what he thinks about our situations. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Forcing a refresh is a great fix, but I would always go through the following steps.

Firmware up to date?
Phone app up to date?
Reboot phone or try PC (I have my grobos saved to my PC to, its easier to do 2 drain and fills simultaneously)
Power cycle.

So sounds like you covered some of those steps. Try the rest and let us know next drain and fill how she goes. If you’re still experiencing an issue we can always dig in deeper at support@grobo.io

3 Likes

Thanks Todd, will bear in mind if it happens again!

1 Like

Day 4/14 Transition

Seeing more significant growth and getting very bushy quickly.

Should I wait until first couple of weeks flowering and do one big defoliate or just a bit at a time?

I’m right in focusing on the middle/lower part of the plant, plus any big fan leaves perhaps blocking bud sites?

I’m still so new to this I just worry about too much stress, but i have to say not a lot has bothered her yet!

4 Likes

Looks perfect at the noment. Leave her be until day 1 or 2 of flower and lollipop her some more, otherwise super chill week for this stage

2 Likes

Looks great :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Also was checking out the app and they have fixed some bugs. Including the WiFi disconnect notification during drain/fill. Thank you @Todd.grobo and extended grobonians. Much appreciated :+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes

UPDATE

Day 5/41 Flower

Boy oh boy has she stretched… I’m beginning to see signs of bud sites starting to develop properly, although not quite yet.

I’m getting pretty damn concerned about the lack of height though, I have a real worry that I’m going to run out of head room.

Also, should I be thinking of starting to strip out and defoliate the middle/lower part of the plant now?

Any thoughts/comments guys? Much appreciated! We’re getting closer :grin:

2 Likes

That looks OK for GDP as I think that is supposed to grow about 2 1/2 to 3 feet then start getting thick.

Hope it is done in height and will just bush out now.

1 Like

I hope so too ! :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

In your photo you can see where the light penetrates. What’s not I would trim. Almost half way up IMO. Looks great :+1:t2: focus light and nutrients to the top. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Gunk gave her a serious trim and defoliation today, coincided with a fresh water change!

How’d I do?

Also, pistils now coming out properly and spotted the start of trichromes on the leaves :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Looks great. If it gets to close to the light you might have to bend your branches over so they don’t burn. I recommend a piece of plexiglass with holes in it. Use magnets to hold it. It will allow light through without burning and the holes for air flow. I’m a do it yourself person. But @Hayden_Gregory going to try it and so am I when my plant gets to tall. Your plant looks healthy and happy. Great job. I think Hayden said he found one on Amazon. Anyway your call I’m a first time grower as well. Thank you for including me in your grow. :sunglasses::+1:t2:

3 Likes

She is looking awesome, I see your going to have one that goes straight up to the light as well! :joy:

3 Likes

@Gunk you would be correct sir, I am going to order it here in the next week or so going to put some magnets in all 4 corners and let it lay in top of those here is the piece I am going to grab!
@Willcol1

2 Likes

Drill holes in it so it can breath. Draw out a one inch grid and put a few holes. Not to many because you don’t want the heat issues but enough you feel the air coming out the back. Put a few check it and so on.

1 Like