Help with my first grow - granddaddy purple

Day 25 (early veg 15/21 - extended by one week)

She seems to be very healthy and growing like mad!

At what point should she be topped, once above the first fan?

5 Likes

Five nodes up. Looks ready now? I topped mine around the same time.

your top most fan leaves are five leaf?

3 Likes

1 Like

Yes have gone ahead and done it now - definitely 5 nodes and topped her.

I assume all good/no issues ?

5 Likes

Looks great :+1:t2:. Those two tiny new ones should start taking off in a few days. I maybe should of let my center get taller but it worked fine.

Four days later. I also as time goes on plan to trim on my water change days. It’s what I’ve been doing. Gives the plant fresh nutrients.

5 Likes

Nice - good to know! She’s looking sweet :+1:t3::grin:

3 Likes

Hey Gunk,

What strain and day is your grow on? Thank you sir your plant looks amazing happy growing!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I extended late vegetation a week based on what I’ve seen and read here. Also by the looks of her. We’ll see how she looks in two weeks. Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

I am 20 days in on my auto NL she is growing by the minute it seems like everyday she changes and grows so much it amazes me!

2 Likes

That is just Beautiful
It doesn’t get any better.
Awesomeness

3 Likes

UPDATE

Early Veg - day 17/21

She is beefing out significantly, worried about lack of space now but surely will be fine.

Should I be defoliating so soon after topping?

5 Likes

She could use a little hair cut on her fan leaves for sure! Good job on the topping

5 Likes

She’s had a decent haircut, got rid of fan leaves blocking the bud sites and also some spotted leaves much lower down. Hopefully I haven’t gone overboard! Water change to coincide with it today as well.

There was some slight moisture on one or two leaves, I’m trying to get the humidity down, especially before switching to the flowering phase! Average 60% humidity.

Couple more day and she moves into late veg.

7 Likes

Great job on the haircut! Amazing. The moisture on your leaves is likely from condensation from them touching, the haircut was the exact thing you needed to do to help your girl! Good job

6 Likes

Looks good. Growing fast :sunglasses::+1:t2:

4 Likes

Goodness, is she growing fast or what!

Day 2 - late veg growth. Almost at the 2nd fan already.

Just removed two central fan leaves today, in order to make way for the bud sites below.

I’m conscious of not stressing her out too much but she’s bushing out so quickly. Almost certainly will need a haircut by the weekend. At least I know she’s healthy!

2 Likes

Quick question, hoping someone can advise.

Due to the quick growth and health of the plant, I find I’m removing a couple of fan leaves a day at the moment, just to keep light on the bud sites and ventilation good.

Is this too aggressive? She’s bushing out and just looking for advice on keeping her as healthy as possible.

Latest images from today

2 Likes

I’ve trimmed a couple BIG fan leaves. And the rest I tuck and kinda maneuver the bud to the light. Check out my first timer thread. I’ve mad some notes as well about lst. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So just another update. Gave her a haircut today and kicked her into transition - as she’s already nicely at the 2nd fan and growing like crazy.

I had a few issues today with the unit unfortunately, which meant I had to turn OFF/ON to get it to connect to do a water change.

The drain part took no time at all (really surprised with the lack of water - assume plant is thirsty!) but the fill seemed to go on forever.

The notification appeared on my phone saying the fill was complete, but it was still filling? Only when I pulled the hose out of the water did it stop. Super weird.

Any reason to be concerned here @Todd.grobo - could I have an issue if it’s technically over filled? I lifted the cover up and there was still reasonable clearance, but it definitely felt like it took on a lot more water than usual

4 Likes