Help with my first grow - granddaddy purple

I am currently on Day 10 of Flower… I have pushed the coco pod into the reservoir which has bought me a bit of extra headspace, but it’s getting extremely tight. Clearly, I didn’t need to extend veg by a week earlier in the grow. At least I know for next time! Hopefully the stretch should be slowing significantly in the coming days?

1 Like

You may have to bend some stems. Think about it before it is too late… the light will burn your top buds and kill the harvest. Better to be safe…

3 Likes

Would using something like the LST clips be ok at this stage and if so, at which point of the stem would you suggest applying?

Some of the top fan leaves are curling and showing a bit of heat stress, so definitely don’t want to risk the crop that’s for sure. Having said that I’ve seen some other grows all the way into the roof on here and successfully harvested, but this must surely have affected the quality.

Just no idea why my plant has stretched so aggressively, especially as GDP is mostly indica.

1 Like

Plants don’t follow instructions…
The clips would work or even just gently bending with your fingers. The affect will slow the vertical growth.

I am afraid of you let her just grow, she may kill herself. They run toward the light… you will still get a harvest, it will just be damaged :broken_heart: :cry:

4 Likes

Looks exactly like mine :joy: She got super lengthy on me

2 Likes

Hi all,

Wondering if I could get some advice, as just noticed the following brown spots on the leaves and it’s concerning me especially as we’re getting closer!

I’ve read that it could be one of two things: Rust Fungus or Nutrient Burn. When I checked and rubbed some of the leaves, nothing rubbed off onto my fingers (apparently a way to check if it is fungal). I checked this a few times, so I really hope this isn’t the case…. Is there a chance this could be nutrient burn or perhaps also heat stress related as we have some leaf curl?

Any thoughts or experience in this dept really appreciated :grin:

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s not affecting every leaf either, mainly the ones highest in the unit.

Just tagging in @Todd.grobo as I am sure you’ve seen thousands of grows. Would appreciate your insight please?

2 Likes

Here’s an article that covers leaf curling.

3 Likes

Usually a sign if heat stress. You may have a tempermental strain.

2 Likes

Mine has shown this sign a lot I tend to not worry about it being there is always so much new growth almost daily, constantly trimming 2-5 leaves off my girl per day even though I shouldn’t in flower correct @Todd.grobo or is it ok to trim a few off everyday?

2 Likes

They say to not trim much during flower, but I hit mine good after the ph problem last night. I took off a bunch of lower stuff and some of the brown leaves up top. Might push back flower a week, not sure yet.

1 Like

Ok @TheDogMan thank you for the heads up and info sir!

1 Like

I cut daily. Not much but I will snip a few fan leaves each day. Always clearing a path for light. I don’t think it hurts or slows the plant.
I don’t like to do the big huge chop day. That seems like a shocker to me. Just my opinion. As long as you are careful, you will still harvest flowers :bouquet:

2 Likes

The way it is looking I will have a huge center cola I am going to guess she will be 3.5-5 grams hopefully, shoot that cola alone will last me damn near a month smoking wise :joy:

2 Likes

Flower : day 19/41

Average temp: 23-24c
Average humidity: 53-55% (can’t seem to lower it much more)

She’s starting to smell delicious :yum:

Update on the leaves - I implemented a fresh water change (only been using distilled - costs a fortune here but worth it) and suspect the grobo recalibrated the nutes and there’s very few affected leaves now. I just keep taking one or two out each day. I also did a decent defoliation yesterday as well. Also pushed the tallest cola away directly from the lamp, hopefully that will buy some time but I also have LST clips if needed.

5 Likes

Looks good, but maybe a good bit more can still be taken off. You can see not much light is getting down lower and you can’t even really see what is down there.

4 Likes

OK thanks @TheDogMan appreciate the tips! How aggressive would you go, as I have seen some vids of the fan leaves stripped back to essentially just the colas themselves! This strain seems to handle defoliation quite well - she doesn’t stop growing no matter what I seem to do.

3 Likes

I only trim the big ones, but enough so you can get light down below. Some go the entire “cut everything off but the top foot” :grinning: but I don’t go that far.

Mostly up too you, I just like to cut enough so light gets down lower.

5 Likes