Help with my first grow - granddaddy purple

I think it might work, but us 3 are on our very first grows I think, so maybe we should listen to others or wait for someone from Grobo to comment before modifying things like this. :grinning:

2 Likes

I want to wait till my first grow is done before I go modifying mine, I might do it to my second unit actually I will have one unit for the control and the other just to grow regular like someone else mentioned on here they were going to do, One for all training methods and compare to the other units final weight and what not experiment like.

3 Likes

I get it totally. I hope I don’t have to do much as it grows. I haven’t done much as it is really. But if it does I’ll deal with it accordingly. I’m anxious to see what you get. :crossed_fingers:t2::thinking:

1 Like

Quick question - just wondering if anyone has experienced this. But I’m spotting some moisture on the leaves, not all but just a handful.

I’m struggling to keep my grobo below 50% humidity. Would adding a clip on fan towards the top of the canopy help prevent moisture build up?

I have an Eva dry dehumidifier in the unit to help absorb some of the moisture but suspect its effect is negligible.

The last thing I want after going through all of this effort is to end up in a situation with bud rot!

3 Likes

I might remove the dehumidifier from inside the unit and add a small fan at the bottom and aim it up, that is what I did and many others.

Not even sure what my humidity even is, as I don’t check it, 40-60 is normal most say and even as high as 70% is fine.

They do have an update model.

Amazon.com - New and Improved Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier - Automotive Hvac System Equipment

1 Like

Ok great appreciate it. I have popped one in underneath and pointed upwards as suggested.

Snapped a couple of close up shots as shown below. Can’t wait to see some buds developing properly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Desperate for her to stop getting any higher now :confounded:

5 Likes

I have fans on the inside…
Try to install one.

2 Likes

That is extremely tall. What day are you on?

1 Like

I am currently on Day 10 of Flower… I have pushed the coco pod into the reservoir which has bought me a bit of extra headspace, but it’s getting extremely tight. Clearly, I didn’t need to extend veg by a week earlier in the grow. At least I know for next time! Hopefully the stretch should be slowing significantly in the coming days?

1 Like

You may have to bend some stems. Think about it before it is too late… the light will burn your top buds and kill the harvest. Better to be safe…

3 Likes

Would using something like the LST clips be ok at this stage and if so, at which point of the stem would you suggest applying?

Some of the top fan leaves are curling and showing a bit of heat stress, so definitely don’t want to risk the crop that’s for sure. Having said that I’ve seen some other grows all the way into the roof on here and successfully harvested, but this must surely have affected the quality.

Just no idea why my plant has stretched so aggressively, especially as GDP is mostly indica.

1 Like

Plants don’t follow instructions…
The clips would work or even just gently bending with your fingers. The affect will slow the vertical growth.

I am afraid of you let her just grow, she may kill herself. They run toward the light… you will still get a harvest, it will just be damaged :broken_heart: :cry:

4 Likes

Looks exactly like mine :joy: She got super lengthy on me

2 Likes

Hi all,

Wondering if I could get some advice, as just noticed the following brown spots on the leaves and it’s concerning me especially as we’re getting closer!

I’ve read that it could be one of two things: Rust Fungus or Nutrient Burn. When I checked and rubbed some of the leaves, nothing rubbed off onto my fingers (apparently a way to check if it is fungal). I checked this a few times, so I really hope this isn’t the case…. Is there a chance this could be nutrient burn or perhaps also heat stress related as we have some leaf curl?

Any thoughts or experience in this dept really appreciated :grin:

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s not affecting every leaf either, mainly the ones highest in the unit.

Just tagging in @Todd.grobo as I am sure you’ve seen thousands of grows. Would appreciate your insight please?

2 Likes

Here’s an article that covers leaf curling.

3 Likes

Usually a sign if heat stress. You may have a tempermental strain.

2 Likes