Help with my first grow - granddaddy purple

Goodluck! I hope you have a good production.

2 Likes

That branch will be fine. Just a hard dark spot when it heals. I did it too. When you squish you gotta twist turn it. Don’t do a direct fold. I know you know now. :sunglasses::+1:t2: Trim big fan leaves and keep it away from the light as much as you can. Looks great :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks appreciate it!

1 Like

Day 27/41 Flower

5 Likes

Needs some more time than allotted currently in flower but looking healthy and happy

1 Like

Update: Day 29/41 flower

Just spotted these small yellow leaves on one of the central colas.

I understand that yellowing leaves can be an early indication of bud rot.

Is this something I should be concerned about? I have a fan at the base pointing up circulating air.

3 Likes

Yellowing can be many things. End of life signs. The whitening of leaves can be caused by the light. Seems cool in your unit for bud rot. If you are concerned open a ticket @ support@grobo.io

Overall looks healthy and could use a huge leaf trim but otherwise, nothing jumps out as a concern. Good job!

2 Likes

Ok yeah I mean humidity isn’t too bad. The below is the last week - does this look ok?

3 Likes

I have one too, never even look at it. :rofl:

1 Like

Those are great readings. Root rot is not caused by humidity. Bud Rot is and usually because leaves are touching which means condensation is happening under them which you won’t see and eventually drips onto your bud. Root rot is caused by high temperatures in your reservoir. usually, once you hit 78 and onwards you slip into that zone. I would try to reduce humidity to 45-55 % for flowering personally.

2 Likes

I did a solid bit of defoliation today (a serious handful of leaves/plant) which should hopefully keep air circulating.

assume this looks okay now? I’m right in thinking that this should really be the last time I do this before harvest (apart from the odd leaf here/there).

4 Likes

Looks great. It should be your last major cut, but each plant 🪴 has it’s own plan. Yours may want to jump up another notch before settling into late flower :blossom:. You may have to cut again to clear light and air paths ect…

You should also notice her water :droplet: intake decrease during this time. Pay close attention to your environment. From this point on its like landing a plane. Each small part that is off contributes to huge changes on the ground. Not much time or energy to recover from mistakes. Looks delicious :yum:.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insights, appreciate it! Definitely going to watch her closely. Really need the buds to start fattening up now :grimacing:

3 Likes

Much better @Willcol1
Light is the number 1 thing you can do to increase bud size and density. The only way to do that is to make sure the plant has lots of light! Good haircut.

6 Likes

10 Likes

She is really stacking up

2 Likes

Beautiful Lady you have there. Standing so tall with all her flowers :bouquet: showing :grin:

3 Likes

Day 32/41 Flower

She’s looking frosty :grimacing: but feel like my buds should be wider/fatter. Am I going to have to extend the cycle?

I don’t have much wriggle room as leave the country for 2 weeks on 18th December. Need to flush, harvest and dry beforehand.

5 Likes

My flowering cycle is sixty to eighty days. Depends on your trichomes color. Fattening occurs four to sixth week I believe. That’s a short time frame for flush and cure. I’d go as long as you can. Check your trichomes when you do see where it’s at when you have to flush.

1 Like

thanks man - it’s all a learning experience!

Already super excited for my next grow… Would love to have been able to get the grobo start but can’t seem to get from the Europe store :frowning: will this change anytime soon @Todd.grobo ?

1 Like