Help - Start issue - damp pod, no wick - Resolved (overfilled)

The Black Widow seemed fine a few days ago. Today I had a good look and it appears to be dampening off in the Start.
The pod is damp, but the wick has been removed for weeks.

Yellow spots, damp pod, weird shiny stem.

2 Likes

What is up with not being able to upload pics over 3meg??!

I took 3 pics: sizes 3.17, 3.18, 3.19 and only the first one 3.17 uploaded. I had to take new pics to upload here. There is no option to load %100, %75, or %50 size until you actually upload the pic which it would not do…

2 Likes

Pod is wet!

3 Likes

Time to transplant. Too big for the start

2 Likes

Damn, really!? She is such a shorty, and at day 29 right now. I am possibly starting to flush this weekend on my other grow. But that is 1-2 weeks before I can transplant to the Grobo. Ive got her sitting in a dry mason jar for now, seeing if i can at least get the pod dry before adding water.

I still think there is an issue with something - that pod should not be wet with the water levels I have.

2 Likes

I refilled with 650 ml Sunday, maybe it was too high.

2 Likes

Wrap the roots in black tape to keep in the dark

Aka wrap the jar to cover the roots

2 Likes

I’ve accidentally put too much water in the Start before. That could cause a damping off issue

2 Likes

@crasch,

• (#TeamHasGotYouCovered): {:green_thumb:}:

• (:warning: On Grobo Start Post Above :arrow_up:):

- - -

@crasch,

• (You Are Welcome Grow Fam): {:green_thumb:}:

{These Nutrients Are Great For Starters}:

- - - [2021-06.03]:

@hcapote,

• (:warning: On Grobo Start Post Above :arrow_up:): (Sorry To See This Happen):

- - - [2021-09.15]:

@Exitium,

• (Read_ :open_book: Above_ :arrow_up: For More Information): {:warning:}:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

Thanks for the root reminder!
I also put a fan on it to dry faster.

I asked my crafty sister to make these for me to cure the harvest in.

…and added a little water for now. The pod is still drying out.

7 Likes

She made it into the Grobo Saturday. She suffered a little from nutrient burn, but has already started growing.

3 Likes

oh wow, she has done well bro. Hardened off already i can see. Thats really good. You might get a killer crop from this one. Happy to see the bounce back. Make sure to keep her topped up all week because you want her to have a constant environment to adapt to. Awesome job, glad shes still going

4 Likes