1st grow in my Grobo

How do you create an ticket for repairs on my grobo

support@grobo.io

1 Like

I have not had any luck avoiding stem rot in the coco pods form the Grobo start. I made sure to take out the wick once the root started coming out. The coco pod got soaked again days later (I thought by the roots, but maybe something else did it).

Right now I have to prop up this poor seedling using a toothpick.

I bought a small fan which will help keep some air on it. Not sure what else to do…this is my third failed seedling in the Grobo start so far. :cry:

2 Likes

Its called damping off. The pod is too wet.

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought this was the case. Any chance of it coming back? Do you think a fan will help?

She’s actually doing a little better now and can stand on her own. I did put a tiny bit of hydro guard in the water so that I don’t get any root rot that end either.

2 Likes

Kosher Kush is exploding now. No sign of white hairs yet, but they’re coming. :smirk:

3 Likes

The fan really helped save her from stem rot. For whatever reason the roots were turning brownish even with a little hydroguard. I soaked the roots in water and h202 and she looks much better.

3 Likes

I also gave Kosher Kush a nice lollipop prune. :lollipop: 🪴

6 Likes

Is this plant Autoflower or phenotype… I’m thinking phenotype because you never lollipop an Autoflower

2 Likes

I think you meant photoperiod and yep, definitely not an auto :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve heard both lol but looking nice and good color…

1 Like

Phenotype refers to a plant’s genetics. It’s an offspring of two parents that have a specific set of epigenetics or expressed traits. A phenotype would be a single offspring of a specific set of genetics. Like when people go “pheno hunting” they are looking for a specific phenotype with specific traits (i.e. grows fast, big buds, higher thc, etc.).

Photoperiod are types of cannabis plants that rely on the amount of light to tell them when it is time to flower and do not have many rudaralis genetics. Autoflower strains are those that flower automatically and do this because they are a cross of an indica/sativa and also rudaralis genetics.

Hope that clears it up. If I made a mistake in my explanation, please anyone feel free to chime in. Lol

8 Likes

Nope totally understand all of it. I’ve been doing a lot of Autoflower’s because I have to upgrade my whole home… Trying to find a well water home with land for a vegetable garden and summer plants outside. It’s going to be a rainbow crop. I’ve got 6 or 7 different photos too plant. All feminized.

6 Likes

Sounds like a fun project. :slight_smile:

1 Like

First day I’ve seen pistil hairs and it looks like there’s a deficiency. Ive supplemented cal-mag most of the grow due to seeing brown spots, but I’m not quite sure whats causing this issue here. Any ideas? @Todd.grobo

Chocolope and white strawberry seedlings doing ok:

Edit: I have no idea why these photos are sideways. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The cal/Meg is my hardest thing to deal with. So I got premixed Soil and I still have to add sulfur and Cal mag that’s why I got the premix so I wouldn’t have to deal with that problem and I’m still dealing with that problem and it sucks.

2 Likes

Yeah this poor Kosher Kush has been dealing with some issues since the beginning. I honestly don’t know if it’s disease or cal/mag deficiency. It does look better after several feedings of cal/mag, but I still see some brown spots. The gradual yellowing of the pant makes me think it’s not getting enough nitrogen. :thinking:

1 Like

Plants don’t typically repair damages to leaves. If they get spotting, it’s sorta there to the end. It’s the new leaves we pay attention to there is no deficiencies.

Sometimes there not even accurate, for example, look at my Super skunk in my thread, clearly some nutrient looking burn on the leaves, however, the plant is feeding itself, not me feeding it. So that is likely genetics to that strain, as I did have the same discolouration on leaves in earlier stages, this happened to be a fit for my case.
The plant in your unit looks super healthy. Is that an auto or a photoperiod? Have a photo of the package?

1 Like

Thank you, Todd. The package didn’t have any pictures, but I was able to get it from the seed bank website:

This one is a photoperiod.

4 Likes