Help - need Gorilla Glue grow recipe

So when will the new set of recipes be added @bjorn ?

@poobandits,

((#WelcomeBack)): :wave::wink:

((#TeamHasGotYouCovered)): :clap:

((#TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork)): :green_thumb:

--

Awesome question - @Stephen is the one who leads these updates so he’s the best person to ask.

@Stephen?

2 Likes

Ooooh @Stephen ?

1 Like

So I have been growing this one for 71 days and the plant has NO signs of flowers. I used the generic auto flower recipe and added a bunch of weeks on the flowering cycle. It is currently on Day 33/65 of Flowering. It is super bushy and leafy and has a lot of room left in the cabinet. Should I keep extending the flowering phase until flowers appear and/or should I do some heavy defoliation?

Thanks for the help!

So you chose an auto flower recipe, is your plant an auto?? If not, then that recipe will mess your plant up. How bout some pics :+1::v:

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a photoperiod.

I selected generic auto recipe for the grobo

2 Likes

Well, that is an auto :joy::joy: I do see she’s not very happy. Is your air stone putting our enough bubbles?? Also is one of your nute tubes pinched?

Both don’t seem to be an issue. Nute bottles are not filled and the air stone is bubbling. Should I trim some leaves?

Either your ph is off, your ec is off or she might be experiencing nute lockout. First I’d check the ph, should be right around 6.1-6.2 so she can uptake cal/mag specifically mag. How are your roots?? What is the water temp in your res? You could have root rot setting in. Lift lid feel roots. If dark and slimy that’s your issue. If it smells off, again root rot issue. If your res water is 72f or above then pithium is setting in and you need to drain, pull the plant lid roots and all and set it on top of a 5 gal bucket with ro ph’d water. Then you’ll have to sterilize your unit, and fill back up with clean ro ph’d water. Put plant back in add hydroguard, recharge, and revive to amend deficiencies :+1::v:

1 Like

No smell from the roots. pH is 6.2 and the roots look good. I went ahead and did some defoliation to make it less bushy.

1 Like

Looks good. Only thing I can see is maybe a salt buildup under the lid on the coco pod where it meets the tangs of the hole in lid. See what I’m talking about? Defoliating will def help. Ph is good. Weird. Only other suggestion would be to do a water change to flush out any salt buildup(if in fact that is salt buildup)

2 Likes

It does look like salt build up. I am going to rinse the pod with pH’d water. Here is post defoliation.

2 Likes

What the heck is salt buildup?! That’s the first post I’ve read on here about this!

********** Just kidding!***********

1 Like

I hope to grow this next you think the recipe might be off just curious

The picture of your root system & reservoir looks like your air stone isnt producing enough bubbles. Make sure your pump & air stone are operational.

I just checked the Stone this morning. It’s working. The roots are wrapping around it though.

I would remove the whole plant, tray, roots & all & gently as possible. & really check I had this problem where my pump was intermittent. The air stone was producing bubbles but very minimally & my plant was digressing rapidly. Once I replaced the pump with a small aquarium pump till support got me a new pump, it changed her within 24 hours she wasnt weeping anymore & started to pray.

Lift the plant & roots as high as possible & send another picture of your reservoir it should be bubbling real good.

& you could be very well right that your pump & air stone are working fine. Its always good to cross all Ts & dot all i’s.

What amendments are you currently adding to your recipe?