HELP! LED light in the inside of my grow box is out [RESOLVED]

My unit name is Nefertiti if that helps as well.

Do I wait a couple of days before my lights come on? Do I make a new ticket with the email I sent to you?

Mine did that a couple times and turned on the next day it’s like a fail switch from what I read but your could be different

I thought that but they have been out for two days now. Good thing I was ending my grow anyways. No one has been able to fix my issue.

Sorry to hear that everything else work. Hopefully the grobo crew could get you back up and running

I hope so to but It’s looking very bleak right now due to I feel I’m getting the run around right now. I’ve tried everything that suggested and even what the online support said to do with taking the carbon filter out. I’ve reset multiple times and still nothing. My circuit board can’t be out because everything is working just not the inside LED light.

Does anything turn on when you unlock the door?

Nope!

Happy belated Birthday @Dani!! :birthday:

4 Likes

Hang in there @Mookie,

I know @Dani is on the case and reviewing your unit again this afternoon. Working to identify the issue so we can get you growing. This one is a good mystery for sure.

Cheers,
Stephen

4 Likes

Hey @Mookie,

Can you share more info or a picture of the humidifier you are using and where it is in relation to the Grobo? We have the whole team working on your unit issues today…

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

fridababy humidifier and at first I had it inside the unit once or twice but the unit humidity became way to high. I also have tried placing it where the intake fan in on the back covered but still to much humidity. I didn’t use it after that. To connect to the grobo I us an Iphone 11 pro software 14.0.1. I have done the factory reset.

1 Like

I don’t want to assume anything, but I’m thinking having the humidifier inside your Grobo may not have been a good idea. If you know how, you may want to take the top off of your Grobo and look for any signs of condensation.

Reason I bring this up is because your AC is right above your machine, which would keep the top cool and could have caused condensation to build up. Especially if the humidity inside your machine was higher than the dew point, and the exhaust passes by all of the electronics up top, which is where the light controller is.

@Stephen are the electronics up top protected from high humidity and condensation build up?

Check out @SilverGrobo post on this thread.

https://www.allgrowers.com/t/humidifier-at-back-of-fan/5677/10

5 Likes

I’m guessing the unit experienced way too high humidity having that humidifier inside the unit and then again right in front of the fans. There’s an incredible about of water that can accumulate if the RH is high like that. I bet the high RH caused some sort of electrical issue which impacted your lights.

4 Likes

My humidifier was in the same place as that persons but that was days before my LED stop work. Also my AC points down but not right on my grobo more in the 6-12in space I have from the grobo to the wall area.

1 Like

My guess is your humidifier caused a condensation build up in the upper part of your Grobo. Only opening up the top and looking can rule that out. If there was a condensation issue you may see white spots where it dried, and you may also smell the telltale sign of fried electronics.

1 Like

Where is the best recommended placement for a humidifier? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

LED suppose to be resident to humidity and I have looked at my system it’s fine. The only thing that’s not working is the LED light so I’m not sure how I feel about their response it being my fault to why the uint LED isn’t working. I know how circuit boards work and nothing would be working if the humidity was the issue. I’ve had a problem from day one of receiving the unit and now my only solution they can give me is it’s my fault and I have to pay 219.63 (circuit board), 160 (Stack up) and shipping 175 that’s crazy. After evening saying ill pay just to see the invoice no one responded. Here is a picture that nothing is wrong with my circuit board because the front LED and fans and everything wouldn’t be working.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve had it a month and no warranty covers nothing but the outside it seems.