Hello I am Rob

Rob here. I am very new at this. I have a Grobo and love it so far. I planted a seed about 6 days ago and found a root coming out of the bottom into the water already. So excited. If anyone has any tips or anything for me it would be very appreciated . Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

It’s tempting to look at the roots, but the roots are kinda shy and don’t really like to be seen with the lights on. Light is her kryptonite. Try not to peak too much, unless you absolutely need to. Welcome and good luck. :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

@Rawpwr420,

:wink:

2 Likes

Where are you getting the reverse osmosis water ?

1 Like

I am using distilled water

2 Likes

You can get ro water at most groceries, and if you know of a location with one of those water dispensing machines, they usually have ro water. That’s what I do, get it from one of those machines.

3 Likes

Rob-

You planted a seed and it popped like that in 6 days?? Did you germinate first or just the seed.

2 Likes

Hey @Mcmanis

Pretty sure @Osage germinates in water prior to planting. Similar to this. :point_down:

4 Likes

I took the seed and put in a wet coco pod and put it in my Grobo

4 Likes

@Azuri is correct :smiley: I do indeed germinate in a solo cup with ro water for 24-36 hours until I see a nice tap root and then place root down in coco pod. :+1::v:

4 Likes

I just checked I have a pretty long root growing. I so happy. I was worried that I had a dead seed. A lot of people Re say they got a seedling in 5- 6 days and mines took 13 days but I did not germinate before. I dont have the time to do that nor did I want to mess it up. The seeds were crazy expensive. Nonetheless I glad she’s finally growing.

3 Likes

Hey Mcmanis, it will actually take less time if you germinate prior to plopping the seed into the coco pod. Give it a go next time. I’ve had 100% germination rate using the above method. :+1::v::fist:

5 Likes

Earth Fare, Meijer grocery, Gordon water, and Walmart have been my regular spots for RO water for years. I buy 5 gallon jugs worth for 39 or 49 cent a gallon.

3 Likes

Look at a five stage ro filtration system for home use. It cost me just over $100, but it’s already payed for itself. Warning though the one I got is super slow, but I don’t mind. :+1::v:

4 Likes

I’m definitely going to look into it! What brand did you get and how much does it cost to run monthly. 20 gallons has been costing me $6.00 to $7.00 at the supermarkets. Anybody know how many gallons a grow averages?

2 Likes

Best Reverse Osmosis Systems for Home Use – Water Filter Reviews

Order of Reviews

1. Home Master TMAFC & TMAFC-ERP
  2. APEC Essence ROES-50
  3. iSpring RCC7 5-Stage
  4. Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection
  5. Express Water RO5DX
  6. APEC Ultimate RO-90
  7. APEC Alkaline Mineral Essence ROES-PH75
  8. Olympia Water Systems OROS-50
  9. Aquasana OptimH2O
  10. Brondell H2O+ Circle

the best reverse osmosis system for water filtration

2 Likes

I also have ro installed in my house and I don’t notice anything on my water bill. So much easier just to go to my tap with a bucket :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

I was wondering if having a water softner machine hooked up to your whole home water system would be bad for the Grobo or the RO home system, anybody out there know?

3 Likes

I have to have a water softener cause I have really hard water where I live. Don’t notice anything

3 Likes