Hello Grobo Universe..!

My wife and I just placed our order for a Grobo this past Friday and couldn’t be more excited to start planing our first grow!

First things first, we would like to ask for recommendations based on what we know we like. With that said, we are looking for something that is lower in THC and higher in CBD - Indica dominant.

Most of the seeds we have found so far seem to lean mostly in one direction or the other when it comes to CBD and THC content. Though we have found some that are a 1:1 we looking for more CBD than THC but without eliminating the THC altogether.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!

13 Likes

Welcome!!! Im excited for you guys! I personally haven’t had any of the strains that you are looking for so I cant give any personal feedback but I know Harlequin is one of, if not the most popular in that category. It has around a 5:2 cbd/thc ratio.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome to the AG community :wave::seedling::call_me_hand:!

6 Likes

Hi Chad,

I think the ratio of the THC/CBD is just about right with Harlequin but I feel like it would lean a bit to much towards the whole sativa, uplifting and energized feeling. My wife and I both have histories with anxiety which is why we tend to stick to Indica dominant strains.

However, we will certainly pick up a bit of the Harlequin the next time our dispensary has any and gauge the effects.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Gotcha… I completely overlooked the indica dominant part… my apologies. One thing to know when growing, you can make a strain feel more sativa or indica dominant based on when you harvest. If you grow a sativa but let the trichomes get mostly amber before harvest, it will eliminate a lot of the paranoia and racing thoughts or feelings. So if ur unable to locate an indica, keep that in mind.

7 Likes

Whoa! That’s an excellent point we haven’t even considered.

…and this is why we are here!

4 Likes

Don’t forget to get a hygrometer! Helps with gauging things. Also, make sure the room in which you place your Grobo has an adequate environment for both your plant and water.
An extra air stone wouldn’t hurt and possibly a fan later in growth stages.

I’d certainly recommend you to grow your favorite and see what happens.
Good luck!

5 Likes

Welcome! Great to have you in the community! Ask away and I assure you there are so many wonderful people here that can help! :heart:

Some recommendations:
Desert Ruby
Cali Cure
Ringo’s Gift
Cannatonic

5 Likes

Hurkle is my favorite 1:1. You can order it from Seedman. Never grown it, but love it.

4 Likes

Harlequin is a pretty mellow strain that doesn’t give a ton of anxiety!

5 Likes

Hygrometer is on its way.

Working on room placement now. We have a spare room in the basement that is temperature controlled. Thinking that should be the best bet right now as it is a smaller room and we can easily raise or lower the temperature based on need.

Extra air stone and fans is something I put on the list for sure but part of me wants to see how the system works on its own for the first grow before we add any peripheral items. We are not necessarily growing for yield as much as we are growing for quality.

This points to another question. Do adding things like additional air stones and fans inside the Grobo affect the warrantee at all?

5 Likes

Been reading lots of good things about Harlequin.

3 Likes

Adding things doesn’t void the warranty! If you break something I believe that Grobo support will help you find an answer. I added a fan, metal hooks and a hygrometer.
I have a humidifier in the room w/ my Grobo. It’s not pointed at the fans as that might cause problems. It’s adding humidity to the room and doing a great job!

3 Likes

Just learned a bunch about Cannatonic and it’s might be in the running for our first grow.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think one of the main reasons we went with Grobo was because of the reviews about product support. We are excited to put the Grobo to work!

5 Likes

:wave: & Good Luck :wink:! :+1:!

2 Likes

@C453Y,

• (#Welcome): :wave:t4: :wink:

• (The Same Strains Keep popping Up):

- - -

@Gmann,

• (Yes, No Where Close To Your Machine, Correct You Are): :green_thumb:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 Likes

Buy one i must :vulcan_salute:!..
Wrong franchise :flushed:!!

Sorted :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BHMLVJH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_udC4FbGW72QT4

3 Likes

Although they are currently out of stock, maybe one to keep an eye on:

Cannatonic x Sour Tsunami x Harlequin

I have some right now that measures in at 0.78%THCa and 17% CBD, I still get a head high from it but very small…A mix of 3 of the heaviest hitters in the CBD game.

3 Likes

Whoa that’s a lot of information to process! Thanks so much for the all the links!

2 Likes