Grow light

Good evening all just had a quick question what would be a great to good grow light for a 4x 4 tent ?

4 Likes

That’s a loaded question

What is your budget and are you thinking HPS / LED / CLF? How much watts are you wanting?

I feel a 1000w HPS is the best for the plants and upfront budget (they are cheap to buy)… That’s the plus the negative is they make alot of heat and cost to run is high (Hydro)

LED is cheaper to run but upfront cost is alot (a true 600 Watt Led works great)

CLF for me is ok for clones / young plants only

5 Likes

Led for sure less power usage and not that much heat producing in tent I’m assuming

2 Likes

I just need some pointers on that grow light budget wise well as they you get what you pay for so I’m open some suggestions please and thank you in advance

2 Likes

Even tho it’s a LED if your thinking 500 Watts plus in a 4 by 4 you still get heat off a LED just not as much as HPS (now you don’t need this much power to grow just I found around 600 W Led works very nice in a 4 by 4)

I’m not sure what your budget is but this is a nice light (I think I showed you this one before)

You can spend less than this or more… Let’s see if other members have a recommendation I haven’t been light shopping for a bit always new products coming out

6 Likes

Perfect thanks for that, price is not that bad. And your right it new lights new tech so hard to choose from and find the one you need. that’s why this forum is awesome can ask and most of the time people join in and give their 2 cents

3 Likes

Good luck on the hunt

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Growers Choice ROI-E 420 4 bar LED Full Spectrum and can cover the whole footprint with a nice 22 inches from the canopy…

3 Likes

My 1st and still going

2 Likes

2 to 5 days it’s on its way

2 Likes

I have the mars hydro ts in 600 and 1000. I am very happy with them. Worth looking into for sure.

Sounds good I will check them out thank you

I run 2 HLG V2 3000k and a Uoiuxc QB2000 in a 4x4 and it’s doing alright.
They’re all using Samsung diodes. HLG sets the standard when it comes to LED, imo.

3 Likes

Nice set up

1 Like

That’s a 4x4 it looks bigger but yes nice set up

2 Likes

The front is wide open is why it looks better.
I’ve got my Grower’s Choice ROI-E 420 in a 4x4 tent. Fit perfect…

2 Likes

Thanks. And what @Merle_Carsten said, it was open for watering. This is what it looks like now:

This is my first run with this light combo, but I’m thinking it’s a bit much for this tent. I’m at 18” and still getting bleaching. I also have too many girls in this tent right now.

@Merle_Carsten what is the wattage from the wall on your light?

3 Likes

Not sure about what your asking???
How much is my 420 pullng? It’s got to be 6 in from any side. It fits my whole foot print no matter how high it’s awesome par… But I’m old and burnt (LSD)(80s)… I’ll look. I think I know what you mean but I’m at work.

1 Like

I use a Spiderfarm SF 2000 in my 3X3 and it is great. A little pricey but I love mine.

3 Likes