Well, I think I own at least one of everything Grobo has to offer and the Start is a huge disappointment. I think they should have stuck with just the improved pod/holder.
- Pods are always sopping wet where if you push with your finger a little, a puddle forms
- The floater is super low tech and no fill line on it that I could find
- No good draining option, the thing needs to be taken apart every week and a plant removed just to add water
- 13 hour days is infuriating because eventually it turns on in the middle of the night and stays on all night. It should have been 12 hours so it would stay on a daily schedule.
- the light extension pole is difficult to use. It should have been a true extending upright, not an additional piece to add or remove.
- No programming of lights (no excuse for that)
- Button is VERY finicky
It is basically just a light and pod holder. Maybe worth $30, IF someone finds it useful. I am glad that others are enjoying theirs, but I think it is about useless. Good idea, poor execution. maybe a V2 Start could address some of these deficiencies.