Grobo Smell elimination MOD. Stay discrete with this new add on. You can invite grandma over again

I ordered 2 and they work great. The only modifications that I did was to take the extra 4 self tapping screws that are replaced and use them to secure the filter more beyond the two Frankenstein screws. I also use the speed button to help prop it up. I already had one of the silicone seals come loose from the weight. So maybe some thing to help with support. You can see in the pictures where I jammed the speed controls under.

9 Likes

Booooooo!!! :roll_eyes::fist_right:

1 Like

I am super interest in this please contact me I would love to purchase I have contacted you already but got no response

1 Like

Hey what’s up. Sorry for the late response. I’m in the USVI right now. I’ll be home in a couple days. Which model where you looking to purchase? The original is 225 + shipping and the better model has a more powerful fan with a throttle controller for 275 + shipping . If heat, humidity, and smell are all problems, I would get the better fan version. But the original works well if smell is your only concern. Leave me your address so I can calculate shipping. I except payments through PayPal https://www.paypal.me/keefcoin
It takes about 4 days to ship.

5 Likes

I sent you a message looking to get one.

What size filter and fan is this mod using?

How well is it working for folks?

I will really need to eliminate smells in order to grow more own. My state will be legal next month, but I have inquisitive kids that don’t need to know too much and I worry about smells

Are you guys also using Ona bucket?

1 Like

@KeefGreenLeef are you still making/selling these? I am interested. I sent an email but hadn’t heard from you so I wasn’t sure if you were still “in the business” . Let me know :blush:

KeefGreenLeef,

Nicely done. It looks like a lot of people have benefited from this and for that I commend you.

I’m thinking of purchasing a grobo but only if I can keep the smell out while the doors are closed. I understand once you open the door its game over…

If the carbon filter still emits some smell, what is that smell?

I would be interested in purchasing one if I do end up getting a grobo.

Appreciate everyones input!

Regards,
ripthabong

I

You will need an additional air box with bumped up filtration if you want the smell gone, the Grobo standard filter doesn’t quite do the job, and I had hoped it might have. This mod he is selling is worth it for a number of reasons outside of just odor, it helps with keeping the interior temps down ( it’s 105 where I am now) and with additional air circulation.

1 Like

Are you still building these mods? I def want one.

Pooler, Ga 31322. I def want the newer one. $275 plus shipping. I’m ready when you are.

Are you still selling these? Please let me know.

1 Like

Please no hate :smiley: but doesn’t this defeat one of the big advantages of buying something discrete like Grobo?

If I wanted something to stand out like that, I would have told my friend to just buy a 2x2 or 2x4 grow tent kit for a little less and just vent it out the dryer vent.

We went with Grobo as it does not look like what it is.

2 Likes

Are you still making these?

@KeefGreenLeef are you still making & selling these? I would like to purchase one. I sent you an email but have not heard back. Please let me know

2 Likes

As a heads up @RodneyDangerFielding , I put a inline fan connected to a carbon filter near the back of my grobo and placed the vent hose near (not on) the vent at the back. It has eliminated all scent without having to physically attach anything to the box thus far.

Solution in a box for you here.

1 Like

Just a heads up I have messaged this gentleman 3 times and gotten no response. I like the suggestion about the one on Amazon that doesn’t attach.

I like this suggestion. I have a question, did it effect the temp or humidity? Also did you go thru the flowering and harvest with no smell? Thanks for this suggestion.

I’ll think of ordering one after 4 grows under my belt. :+1:t5:

I haven’t gone through the whole process but have this in hand to attach with magnet strips if needed. 12 x 12 x 2.5 Inch ABS Plastic Flange with 4 Inch OD Opening for Dust Collector Systems 73467 Amazon.com

No impact or changes to what’s happening inside the box re: humidity or temps.