Grobo gen 2 grow box (solid and premium)

Ok gotcha, But how did you get to partia.ly did it just redirect you after checkout?

That would not work for me, I used a normal CC and paid it down some from my bank so only $1000 hits the card. I don’t like putting a lot on my cards, so I paid for the Grobo in full, then paid $700-$800 on it from my bank.

Mine should ship any day now.

1 Like

Gotcha Congrats on your new grobo

1 Like

looking forward to getting a second unit as well in the coming months as soon as I get a few grows under my belt!

1 Like

I don’t know what I am going to do yet, keep both, or sell the older one. Also depends on if both can run in the area I am using or will running 2 flip the breakers all time. If it will run fine in that area, IMight hang on to both, if it pops the breaker, then I would sell the older one probably.

I just looked and the breaker is 15 amp breaker to that one outlet. There is not much else there, the Goobo, a wifi printer and a few wifi cameras out back. So is adding a 2nd Grobo going to pop the switch all the time is what I need to see.

1 Like

The grobo I have heard only take 1.6 amps or so to each power brick so you will be running roughly 3 amps to a 20 amp receptacle, you will be golden, you are very far off from breaker tripage!

3 Likes

Keep them both and up your harvest although you will be using roughly 7-8 gallons of water a week you will be making hella trips to the grocery store to get water!

1 Like

I need to see how much water too as it is deeper. I guess back to watch the videos tonight.

1 Like

yes, do some research for surely, I think it is roughly same size might be 3 gallons instead of 2.5

1 Like

Hey @TheDogMan and @Hayden_Gregory,

The new tank is 10 litres or 2.6 gallons. The best part is no holes in this version (think water level sensors) and it’s easily removed for cleaning.

Cheers,
Stephen

3 Likes

@Stephen
I was thinking you can just remove the whole left part of the tank with all your hoses and can pull the whole res out and wash it in the sink, very nice feature for in the future.

3 Likes

I like the new design too with the air pump upfront with all the other things and no more back hatch. I was watching the video The filter now being a slot makes it much easier I think. The new tank setup should make it easier too. Also the hoses being on the outside now. That should make topping it off a lot easier, the drain and fill too. You could even put in a bucket and top it off when not home or use 2 buckets one empty one full and do a drain and fill when not home.

2 Likes

I agree, you are still going to open it up and check on your girl when you do drain and fill, but this makes it where you do not need to open up your unit but once a week or 2, but me being me I will still check on her every other day or so!

2 Likes

I am also curious how much quieter it should be with no more dual back fans buzzing and now an internal fan. That should be nice as anything quieter is good I think.

If you could drain the Grobo 2 with the external hose and not need a bucket or use a 5/10 gallon one, then for fill use a 5/10 gallon one, you could stretch a few weeks if you had to go somewhere. I might setup a camera inside, I need to look at them. Then I can control and watch on my phone from anywhere.

2 Likes

oh I see have one hose stuck in one bucket for drain and the other for fill keep it full so you could drain then fill from the other bucket, damn, you are way ahead of me already, got it planned out :joy:

2 Likes

I saw somewhere a problem with some growers is not being able to go away or do things when they want. This could be a big thing to some as now you can go a few days or even a week or so if you want. All you need to do it get whatever size buckets you need and add a webcam inside.

1 Like