Germination

@urbanfarmer,
Sorry to hear of your termination…

Correct on the:

Good Question

I would say if the Termination reason was clean and you don’t have a root rot issue, or any other dirty issue and (if you don’t have to clean out anything)… If the coco pod is clean, and it’s not falling apart, then It would be safe to say you could reuse the coco pod…
:wink:

4 Likes

Agree. :+1:

3 Likes

@urbanfarmer, not that you don’t have enough info already lol.
Coco Pod- - Miscellaneous - AllGrowers Forum | Hydroponics, Harvesting, Cannabis, and more

1 Like

I’m germinating 2 seeds. One seed popped in 3 days the other seed got stuck in the seed hat and I had to remove it. Its not fully sprouted yet. But my Jean Guy seed sprouted too fast and its really stretched not sure what to do about it. I also noticed the tap root is not growing down its coming towards the surface. How do I fix this. I dont want it to die seeds are hella expensive.

1 Like

Paging: Doctor @Stephen:wink:

1 Like

What type of light are you using? If you are using low wattage LED move it closer to the seedling so it doesn’t stretch for the light.

2 Likes

I just added the light. Before it was in an incubator germinating in darkness. It popped in 3 days way faster than before

I’m using a vivosun 300w

1 Like

Look up what your recommended distance from canopy is In order to save stretch like @Azuri said

2 Likes

I have it at the height its supposed to be. I didn’t have it under a light before.

my new girls. See how shes stretched out… She needs a crutch

2 Likes

@Mcmanis,

((#TwoForDeal))… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hearts:

2 Likes

I looked online it looks like I need to replant her for more stability. It says I can use a straw but I dunno. Her neck is way long and her root is not properly rooted I think Im gonna put her in my extra coco pod.

1 Like

I didn’t sprout for 13 days you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Hey stephen, during germination does the interior light stay on 24/7?

Lights on 24/7 is ok it’s oersonL preference there is not data showing that longer light schedules do any harm … I personally think a plant should sleep a little but it won’t hurt it

1 Like

While it might be ok I don’t think any recipes have a 24hour on cycle. First off I would unplug and plug your unit back in.

Also go to your setting and check where it says light settings as pictured below.

Send a support ticket in if the restart doesn’t fix it. Pretty sure it should be 20 hours on 4 hours off. Mine is 12/12 since it’s in flower.

1 Like

Hello Osage, so I had my first seed die in cocoa pod …tragic… I see that you germinated outside first ? My question is, if you do that would you also need to start the germinating stage in grobo at the same time as starting the dropping the seed in the water?

1 Like

Hi Stephen, I saw your response on this topic too and i had my first seed die in cocoa pod ,it looked as if the root completely got cut off from the seed? So I’m wondering if i use the shot glass method and see a the root pop would i also start the grow on the grobo as well as the same day that i put a seed in a shot glass ?

2 Likes

Hey @Manny,

Sorry I missed this question, the answer is yes. If you are starting your seed outside the Grobo, you can start a new grow in the app at the same time. Good luck with the transfer, be gentle!

Cheers,
Stephen

2 Likes

Do not make the same mistake that I made while checking a seed. Don’t try to pull it out, I broke off the tap root of a plant I was going to put in my tent a couple months ago. Wicked big buzz kill.

2 Likes