Germination day 7

Hello… here it is day 7 of germination with 3 days left before its supposed to start early vegetation and no sign of roots at all. When should I chop it up as a bad seed? Should I wait a lil longer or just start all the way over and germination outside with the paper towel first???

1 Like

Roots arent instant. Shell be fine leave her be

1 Like

Ok this is my very first time so I’m clueless to everything. I want to make sure I’m doing everything right. I followed the directions and soaked the pod first, then put the seed in there with a piece on top etc… and I thought by now that I would at least see signs of roots. How long should I wait to see if it’s a bad see or not?

2 Likes

I wouldnt worry about it. Roots dont like to be looked at in the light. Youll likely see a couple tails between day 10 and 20

2 Likes

Hi Adrianna,
I think I started my grow a few days after yours. I did gently remove the piece of coco pod covering the hole. I think it was on Day 3 and I noticed what looked like the halves of the outer shell.

The next day I saw a small blip emerging from the soil and then the next day BOOM full on sprout!

Is your coco pod damp to the touch? If you check under the lid do you see a lot of condensation and water drips?

How are the conditions inside? Temp, rh%, and water temp?

3 Likes

Ok also my light has been on for a few days and I didn’t do anything to it.

1 Like

Yes it is dripping when I lift the cover. I tried lifting the middle part but couldn’t see anything.

1 Like

I would recommend this water temp device, 2 for $5.95

AikTryee Aquarium Thermometer, Fish Tank Thermometer, Reptile Thermometer, Terrarium Temperature Meters Gauge, LCD Display (℉) for Vehicle Reptile Terrarium Fish Tank Refrigerator

Also this temp gauge and rh% for $10.99

ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge with Temperature Humidity Monitor

2 Likes

Just leave it for now until the germination stage is complete. If nothing happens take a peek and see what’s going on where you put the seed into :+1:

3 Likes

Ok will do thank you very much for replying.

Awesome thanks. Can you get it off of Amazon?

Yes they are from Amazon. For some reason the forum will not let me post URL links so I just put the product name. I can’t post pictures either? Maybe because I am new.

Also, not sure if this helps but everyday I would interact with the seed and give it encouragement. Sometimes all we need is a little positive support!

3 Likes

Thank you I really really appreciate all your help.

2 Likes

Your light is on for 20 hours a day currently.

2 Likes

Is that good or bad? Because I didn’t set it. I haven’t messed with with anything since I got it. Lol just followed the directions for set up and starting your first grow.

3 Likes

Yep what Todd said, it’s all normal. Don’t worry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok I’ll try to be patient. I just see the progress of others and from Google by now I thought at least I’d see roots but I will continue to be patient. Thank you.

3 Likes

I mean there is a chance that it won’t come up. But just wait out the days and see, lots of factors, environment, breeder, cultivar (strain). This is why I like to germinate outside the Grobo and then put it in when I know she’s good and ready with a taproot. It’s how I’ve always done it for soil so I’m just not going to change what works for me. My personal preference though and I’m sure some will agree with me and disagree. I know some who have had great experiences just plopping the seed in the coco pod and away she goes. I just like to know there’s action beforehand is all

3 Likes

Exactly, I’m the same way. I would prefer to know something is happening and not wasting my time ya know. In your opinion how many more days would you wait?

2 Likes

I pop mine right in. Always works unless a dud seed.

2 Likes