Generic (Hybrid) Banana Crack Holy Smoke Seeds

Looks like a male to me maybe even a herm.:man_shrugging:

thicker, sturdier stalks with fewer leaves on male plants

Check the joints on the stalk for male flowers. The little balls that grow on the joints of the stalk (where the other branches meet the main stalk) are the main indicators of male plants.

Unless you’re keeping that plant to harvest seeds it’s best to toss it. I understand waiting to see though.

Pictures for reference

5 Likes

You tell me I think I have a girl

3 Likes

Hard to tell but I’m leaning towards a male unfortunately.

5 Likes

@Justin_Wright,

Still not quite sure: The nodes are so spread out it plays like a male: :shushing_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

this was a male I’ll take a pic tomorrow of what it looks like now

4 Likes

Here’s some more pictures not stoping till I see balls

7 Likes

Love the commitment, not to mention the shots of where the balls, if any will show up! Love it love it!!!
Commitment my friends m, commitment m… :joy::joy::+1::v:

6 Likes

I love this guy :+1::+1::v::v:

4 Likes

That’s great :smiley: should be very soon 🕵‍♂

3 Likes

Recently had ATF bag seeds that I would’ve sworn were a male just as this one looks. Argued w/ FIL about it but he was adamant that it would grow to be a female.

It turned out to be a female yielding an approximate 2lbs (still drying).

Don’t give up until you see those balls (or don’t). :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Forgot to mention - that one also doubled in height shortly after we saw the hairs, so be warned if this is any similar you may want to consider super-cropping sooner than later to keep the canopy manageable.

3 Likes

Couldn’t help myself, had to dig up the pictures. I have new ones from the harvest and just didn’t want to post many these online until these ladies got cut down - there have been many robberies on the news.

Here she is on July 10th of this year, this is when I had the argument about male vs female - was certain this was going to be a male:

And then on September 25th (roughly 6 weeks later), “tree status” (blends in with the evergreens even):

She’s been harvested as of this weekend.

8 Likes

That’s a Christmas tree, just need to add some presents and decorations!

Very nice :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks I’ll keep and eye out for her going for a Grobo First

2 Likes

I wasn’t recommending you do an outdoor grow - just illustrating how quickly it can double in size in 6 weeks, particularly the last 6 weeks.

This is what you might want to look into learning how to do before those stems reach the light:

1 Like

Do you have an update on this? Has the plant started producing flowers?

Curious… hoping it’s a lady

3 Likes

I was waiting to rub it in to all the so called Champions that told me that I had a male plant. But given that I’m a first time Groboer I had to hold back but I got you some pictures within the next 24 hours

3 Likes

Cool? I mean I don’t think anyone was happy about suggesting it could be a fella. I also thought it was a male. Glad it turned out well for ya. Your resilience paid off

1 Like

And here she is Banana Crack

4 Likes

Was hoping to see buds… keep us posted as you move along. I’m still not convinced :man_shrugging:. Based on the pics you posted you’ll need to wait for that “in your face” moment

This is what the web suggests banana crack looks like (I’ve never grown it)

Still hoping I’m wrong! (If does look similar to the second to last pic I posted) That plant wants to grow out of the grobo :joy:. What stage are you in and how many days left?

2 Likes