Gen 2 fan and drying questions?

So the gen 2 has its own movable fan, no fan that is built In with a sensor for when to come on. Question is … when do I need to turn the fan on since I have to do it manually? Question 2. Idk how the gen 1 worked for drying did it move air around or was it just for hanging and that’s it? Last ? Since there are no fans on the back what is the appropriate height to get the plant before trimming etc?

3 Likes

- - - [2021-11.15]:

@joe_Macias,

{:wink:}:

~~~

ForAllToSee..~~ (2)

• (So, For 13-14 Days I Had The Grobo Off, With The Hanging Plant Inside, -Also- With Two Small Circulation Fans Of Air Inside): (The Plant Is Still Nice -And- Sticky, Sparkling With Trichomes): (Decided To Put Grobo On, To Vent Some Air Out The Top, Soon We Shall Have The Branches Snapping For Dry Doneness): (#Drying_2021):

• [ Original Guide to Drying and Curing Marijuana Buds | Grow Weed Easy]:

~~~

- - - [2021-11.18]:

@DRaider,

~~~

- - - [2021-12.03]:

@Bobface86,

--

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::groboone::green_thumb:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

Good questions, but how about maybe just starting it :grinning: and then we can get into all this when the time comes. You have many other things to worry about before even getting to this point. It will be “weeks” before you need to even worry about any fans or any of that really.

Do you have a seed already starting in something, bags, paper towels? Lets get you going, its like your looking for problems weeks and months out and lets just get the basics now.

1 Like

I have yet to receive my repair kit. No issues I was just curious becuz most ppl were going off of grobo fans height for trimming and things. These were just questions that I felt would help ppl like me who haven’t had any experience with either system. I have plenty of seeds! I haven’t started germination becuz idk when my parts will arrive so I can get started. Also wanted to start on my day off so that I can dedicate my time to the box just in case I have any issues.

4 Likes

I like my information ahead of time as well. I know where your coming from. I agree with @TheDogMan I would get started and go from there. There’s enough of you guys with new boxes that you can help each other out. I’m excited to see the new gen 2 in action before I get another one

1 Like

I am all ready. I have a seed about to pop in a wet paper towel in a couple days and can finish the Grobo 2 in a few minutes once the parts come.

I guess we have to just gauge where the old fans were and use that in the Grobo 2. This was not set in stone, only more like a gauge to judge where you are in the grow.

16 inches to the top of the 2nd fan in the Grobo 1 and “roughly” 26-28 inches max height and still be a few inches under the top light.

1 Like