Forum stomper (2nd grow)

4 Likes

Tell me about the tying the fan leaves together up top method. I assume that’s an auto technique to give the smaller growth more light without pruning?

1 Like

Yea that’s all I’m doing is just helping get more light to the bottom part without having to cut anything. But sometime a leaf just needs to get cut.

1 Like

I hate when you have to cut the original two branches because there half the height of others and therefor the buds will never get big.
When i had auto when i did trim her huge fan leaves she would sprout abit. Keep us posted. Like watching the other grows.

2 Likes

So far I haven’t cut any branches. Think of her as a dead spider on her back and the legs opening up reaching for the light. (Best way for me to describe what I’m going for) so far I only have cut 3 fan leafs of of her.

2 Likes

How’s it hanging growers!?
A little up date on what she looks like… Im a little worry about her size. I was also wondering if I’m laying my wrack right? Is it suppose to be hovering over the plant then the plant grows over the rack?

3 Likes

Looking good, no personal experience with Autos but have seen many here explode with growith durring the stretch period. I did exactly as you are with the ScrOG. I let it grow up into the screen and then adjusted branches grid to grid until I had them positioned where I wanted them. It helps greatly for spreading the plant, that said I do not believe this is the true form of ScrOGing. Check the link below, will tell you all you need to know:

3 Likes

This is a reply to the first message from 6-16-20

I like that you are willing to challenge conventional “wisdom” so here is some non-conventional advice…
I have had my best success with seeds by using 1200ppm nutrients right from the start. We tested 50 seeds with 10 sets of 5 seeds at 0ppm to 1800ppm (I think it was 0-300-500-600-800-1000-1200-1500-1800). The 1200 did the best. I never repeated it as a test but I rarely have a seed not pop and they never have nutrient issues. I know everyone says RO or no nutes in the beginning. For reference, I am a commercial grower in WA and we pop 30-50 seeds per month for operations and more if we are doing a serious pheno hunt. Each of our rooms grows 768 plants and we harvest every 2 weeks… I only say this because this idea bucks the mainstream… We had to realize most of this advise was coming from grow shop employees etc. I have discussed this with botanists and their comment is always that cannabis must be a unique plant but I do this with tomatoes, peppers, melons etc with great result.

Please test this for yourself before adopting the idea. Hearing requires faith but seeing is believing.

I posted a few pictures of one of our walls to show you how far out of the box you can venture and find great success… this is a true vertical-wall-grow that goes against multiple norms.
There are…
8 plants per row,
8 rows high ergo
64 plants per wall x 12 walls = 768 plants.

It allows us to grow cannabis efficiently enough to sell in the store for $20/eighth vs $30 for equal quality. We have a 15 store waiting list for our gear because of the quality and price point so ingenuity pays off… keep up the curiosity.

Best wishes,
Quindarious Gooch
Tacoma WA

Wall near end of flower-flushing

One note on this… we use rockwool to grow and it flushes well. In soil improper watering is an issue. (too little flushing at watering and the roots get hot and too much means not enough root zone oxygen) You’re hydro but I wanted to make that note.

10 Likes

6 Likes

You get those bend/braces from Etsy? I came across them a little while back, interesting concept.

3 Likes

20/21 transition.

6 Likes

She really flowered up quickly, not much stretch. Good genetics, you think the training held her short?

1 Like

I do! Lol I feel like I was to Hanzi with her trying to do to much when I should’ve just kicked back and let her do her thing but it’s all good. Do you think she is ready to switch to flower? Or just let her run her course in transition?

1 Like

No experience with Autos. I would let her ride.

2 Likes

@BigPapa1,

- - -

• ((#SheIsLookingVeryHappy)): :smiley:

--

3 Likes

day 62! Well 72 counting germination! So I’m noticing quite a few 3 fingers… maybe from me being to hanzi with her In Veg! Also my humidity is a little up during flower, 54%rn but you know what you gonna do? It’s Cali!

6 Likes

10/23 of flower. How’s she looking?

5 Likes

you’ll need to add flowering time in

3 Likes

Hey all you special auto growers out there.
Defoliation? Could I? Should I? Should have already done so? All your advice is highly appreciated!!

Anybody!?

5 Likes

Looking at your plant. There is no reason to take off leaves at this point. unless your Humidty. Just take off dead leaves as they come.

4 Likes