First time Grower OG Kush

I’m excited for you! Good call on bringing the RH up a bit, especially at this stage. Id also try to see if you can bring the temp down about 10 degrees. The plant and roots will be happier. If you are unable to manage temperature, I’d at least highly recommend adding hydroguard to your water about 30 min after each fill. When your water gets too warm, it can cause root rot. Hydroguard will help prevent that from happening.

6 Likes

@Chad_Johnson I shoulda been paying attention to see you were replying, I’d have known to leave the hydroguard comment to you :rofl:.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::raised_hands: great minds think alike

5 Likes

first thing I bought before the grobo came lol. thanks for the advice

4 Likes

thanks @Chad_Johnson what other options you would suggest to get the temp down have to infinity fans inside grobo also purchased additional two just in case. water temp currently 74.3 , grobo temp 78.3 and RH been fluctuating from 62 - 68

2 Likes

4 Likes

There are a few options for keeping water temps lower.

1. Remove the back lower right door and allow a fan to blow directly at the opening. This is in the hope that your ambient temp sits around 70F. If you live somewhere like me (AZ) this isn’t affordable during the summers, or any time other than winter for that matter :rofl:.
  2. Frozen water bottles. This is a ginormous PITA since they have to constantly be rotated, however it’s cheap and easy.
  3. Install a chiller. This is probably the most expensive option though it also seems to be the most reliable. I run a chiller for my two buckets in my tent and never have to worry about root rot.

If your current water temp is 74F, hydroguard should work just fine. When I hit summers here, I do 10ml every water change and keep an eye on my roots, check once a week during water changes to make sure they aren’t getting dark and slimy. If a chiller is a route you’re willing to explore, there are a couple write-ups on installs here.

As for internal temp…this should come down after day 11 when your intake fans start to run. I think the lower is on day 11, don’t remember when the upper comes on.

5 Likes

Today is day 9/10 of germination
Started seeing these brown spots at the end of the leaves. Is it something I should be concerned about any ideas?

2 Likes

No worries at this point! Its likely due to when the leaves first started growing, they probably came in contact with the lid when they were growing.

1 Like

1 Like

Having issues keeping water levels down but I did put 15ml of hydro guard to compensate hopefully. Any suggestion.

2 Likes

- - - [2021-05.27]:

May 27, 2:36 AM

@GreenThumbHarv,

{:thermometer:}:

{support}:

- - - [2021-06.03]:

@GreenThumbHarv,

- - - [2021-06.09]:

@GreenThumbHarv,

• (Are These Roots Showing Behind There):? :question: (You Can Lift Your Pod Up Now The Roots Are In The Water): (You Could Wipe The Goo Off The Bottom Of Your Lid):

- - - [2021-07.07]:

@GreenThumbHarv,

• (Start Getting Those Colas Away From The Burning :bulb: [You Have More Reaching I Believe]): (You Can Use Hooks, -Or- Grobo Hangings To Do This):

• (#PopcornBud): (Below The Second :two: Fan Will Be Poppers): {:popcorn:}:

popcorn-yes..~~ Popcorn..~~

HerbToon..Snack~~

- - - [2021-09.15]:

@GreenThumbHarv,

• (I_ :eye: Would Check Those Trichomes_ :microscope: Before Deciding_ :thinking: That):

:microscope:

:giraffe:

--

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

3 Likes

my OG Kush plant started showing these yellow spots more on the leaves. not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions?

1 Like

for now im just going to do the ice bottle and monitor the reservoir like this for now the chiller sounds like the best ideal solutions I just not to sure on installation of one and not screwing my grobo up lol thanks again for the advice :100:

1 Like

The only suggestion I have is keeping it in a cool spot I keep mine in my bedroom :sleeping_bed: a steady temp will keep it down my room is about 68 degrees only time it jumps up is when I’m cooking :shallow_pan_of_food: :man_cook: witch works out :muscle: for me cause it helps preserve my hydroguard I use about 7ml every water :droplet: change :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

3 Likes

nice! yeah I keep it in my bedroom as well! normal room temperature has been about the same too. I’ve notice if I don’t keep my Air conditioner on (energy saver mode) then my grobo just super heats up so been having to leave AC on consistently to maintain 70 since the eastcoast had a slight increase in our heat

2 Likes

I’m on the east side as well we’re getting a ton of rain :cloud_with_rain: right now witch will spike ur humidity it’s better u don’t let ur machine to hot :hot_face: that thing never turns off better that the things u can control like keeping it cool is best cause the light :bulb: is making heat take care of ur machine she’ll take care of u :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

2 Likes

I hear that, the rain out here is making managing the RH super difficult right now, being in flower doesn’t help… :weary:

1 Like

:joy: not at all :hibiscus: :+1:t2::dash::seedling:

4 Likes